LUP 278: Shell in a Handbasket¶
- Air Date: 2018-12-04
- Duration: 64 mins 24 secs
About this episode¶
We chat with a developer who's gotten Linux running on iOS devices, do a deep dive into Clear Linux, and discuss Xubuntu ending 32bit support.
- One Raspberry Pi 3 not powerful enough? Try this five Pi cluster for computing on the edge
- Xubuntu Will Stop Producing 32-bit ISOs Beginning With Xubuntu 19.04 — The Xubuntu development team has now decided to go ahead and eliminate their 32-bit builds moving forward.
- Microsoft is building a Chromium-powered web browser — Microsoft is throwing in the towel with Edge and is building a new web browser for Windows 10, this time powered by Chromium.
- Steam Link now in BETA on Raspberry Pi — The Steam Link app is now available in beta on the Raspberry Pi 3 and 3 B+ running Raspbian Stretch
- Sputnik turns 6: Presenting the folks behind it — Thanks to the interest and support of the community, eight months later, the project became a product. On November 29, 2012 the Dell XPS 13 developer edition was born.
- Running Android in the Cloud with Amazon EC2 A1 instances — W demonstrated a fully automated solution deployed by Juju to run Android within LXD containers in the cloud and stream out the display of a gaming app from an Amazon EC2 A1 instance to a mobile phone over the internet
- Amazon's homegrown 2.3GHz 64-bit Graviton processor was very nearly an AMD Arm CPU
- iSH: The Linux Shell on iOS — iSH is a project to get a Linux shell environment running locally on your iOS device, using a usermode x86 emulator.
- iSH on GitHub
- Bleeping computer's review of iSH
- Bug #1759836 “systemd-udevd consumes 100% of CPU” : Bugs : systemd package : Ubuntu
- High cpu usage on kernel 4.14 and 4.15 from systemd-udevd which seems to be the synaptic touchpad driver
- Bluetooth adapter stopped working after upgrade to 4.14 kernel
- Clear Linux Homepage — Clear Linux OS is an open source, rolling release Linux distribution optimized for performance and security, from the Cloud to the Edge, designed for customization, and manageability.
- Intel's Clear Linux Ups Their Desktop Offering, Rolling Out New Installer
- How to Clear — Training documentation to teach users how to make a Clear Linux OS derivative distribution.
- Trying To Make Ubuntu 18.10 Run As Fast As Intel's Clear Linux
- clr-boot-manager — clr-boot-manager exists to enable the correct maintenance of vendor kernels and appropriate garbage collection tactics over the course of upgrades.
32bit, amazon, android, beowulf cluster, blink, chrome, clear linux, cloud, clr-boot-manager, dell, edge, emulator, external graphics, game streaming, intel, ios, ish, jack, juju, laptop, linux, linux podcast, lxd, maas, microsoft, pulseaudio, raspberry pi, shell, sputnik, steam, steam link, systemd, theodore dubois, thunderbolt, thunderbolt dock, ubuntu, udev, unplugged, webkit, x86, xps13, xubuntu