CR 466: Luxury Emotional Manipulation¶
- Air Date: 2022-05-18
- Duration: 51 mins 40 secs
About this episode¶
Why Mike feels like Heroku is in a failed state, what drove us crazy about Google I/O this year, how Chris botched something super important, and some serious Python love sprinkled throughout.
- Linode: Receive a $100 60-day credit towards your new account. Promo Code: linode.com/coder
- Tailscale: Tailscale is the easiest way to create a peer-to-peer network with the power of Wireguard.
- Michael Dominick on Twitter — The first step pf #opencore / #foss Alice. See @CoderRadioShow I’m working on it! #automation. For nerds I’m trying to split the layers - the ones that make sense as #GPL and of course the rest. This harder than I had thought
- Why Did Heroku Fail? — Fifteen years later, developers are still trying to recreate the developer experience of Heroku.
- Announcing TypeScript 4.7 RC — Today we’re excited to announce our Release Candidate (RC) of TypeScript 4.7!
- Google I/O 2022: Every New Device and Announcement — From Android 13 to the upcoming Pixel Watch, here's what Google unveiled at its annual developer conference.
- Flutter 3 — Flutter 3 is live!!! For more information, see Introducing Flutter 3, What’s new in Flutter 3, and Dart 2.17:
- A Few Things You Might Have Missed from Google I/O 2022
- It's official. Remote work has zero negative impact on your productivity — Almost all of the study’s employees were right back up to the same level of output as they were doing before Hurricane Harvey.
- Apple's Director of Machine Learning Resigns Due to Return to Office Work — Goodfellow reportedly broke the news to staff in an email, saying his resignation is in part due to Apple's plan to return to in-person work, which required employees to work from the office at least one day per week by April 11, at least two days per week by May 2, and at least three days per week by May 23. "I believe strongly that more flexibility would have been the best policy for my team," Goodfellow said in the email.
- FIG JAM on Twitter — So...all these tech companies that have created hardware and software to connect people and enable them to collaborate and create from all over the world doesn't work for the companies themselves? What happened to eating your own dog food?
- Python Distilled 1, Beazley, David M, eBook — The richness of modern Python challenges developers at all levels. How can programmers who are new to Python know where to begin without being overwhelmed? How can experienced Python developers know they're coding in a manner that is clear and effective? How does one make the jump from learning about individual features to thinking in Python at a deeper level? Dave Beazley's new Python Distilled addresses these and many other real-world issues.
- Python Workout — The only way to master a skill is to practice. In Python Workout, author Reuven M. Lerner guides you through 50 carefully selected exercises that invite you to flex your programming muscles.
- What is Tauri? — Tauri is a toolkit that helps developers make applications for the major desktop platforms - using virtually any frontend framework in existence. The core is built with Rust, and the CLI leverages Node.js making Tauri a genuinely polyglot approach to creating and maintaining great apps.
- TMB Careers - The Mad Botter
coder radio, deep learning, development podcast, director of machine learning, ec2, electron, gan, generative adversarial network, github actions, google i/o, heroku, ian goodfellow, infrastructure as code, jupiter broadcasting, node12, node16, open core, pixel tablet, pixel watch, podcasting 2.0, python challenge, python distilled, remote work, salesforce, tauri, typescript 4.7, wearos