LAN 268: Linux Action News 268¶
- Air Date: 2022-11-24
- Duration: 15 mins 46 secs
About this episode¶
The contested subsystem coming soon, a sobering assessment of wireless support in Linux, and a triumph for free software.
- Linode: Sign up using the link on this page and receive a $100 60-day credit towards your new account.
- Kolide: User-centered, cross-platform endpoint security for teams that Slack.
- New subsystem for compute accelerator devices — This is the fourth (and hopefully last) version of the patch set to add the new subsystem for compute accelerators.
- Compute Accelerator Subsystem Hopes To Be Ready For Linux 6.2
- Peter's Talk at Linux Plumbers Conference — All types of wireless in Linux are terrible and why the vendors should feel bad - Peter Robinson
- Intel’s IWD 2.0 Released For Modern Linux Wireless Daemon — Released this week was IWD 2.0 as the latest milestone for this open-source wireless daemon.
- Phoronix Premium Black Friday Deal — For this year's deal, you can go premium for just $30 per year or $150 for a lifetime subscription.
- Asahi Linux Updates — This month’s update is packed with new hardware support, new features, and fixes for longstanding pain points, as well as a new bleeding-edge kernel branch with long-awaited support for suspend and the display controller!
- Feature Support · AsahiLinux/docs Wiki
accel, ai, apple silicon, arch linux, asahi installer, asahi linux, audio, bluetooth, broadcom, compute accelerator subsystem, direct rendering manager, drm, external usb, habana labs, hardware acceleration, headphones, inet wireless daemon, integrated speakers, intel, intel gna, intel wifi, iwd 2.0, linux action news, linux audio, linux news podcast, linux plumbers conference, m1, m1n1, m2, macbook, michael larabel, ml, networking, nvidia nvdla, oded gabbay, peter robinson, phoronix, phy driver, power management, power saving, power usage, reverse engineering, s2idle, s3 suspend, thunderbolt 4, usb 3, usb boot, wifi, wireless, wireless internet