LAN 269: Linux Action News 269¶
- Air Date: 2022-12-01
- Duration: 17 mins 29 secs
About this episode¶
Old school Ubuntu has a new cool, Google calls out Google, and some IoT news you can use.
- Linode: Sign up using the link on this page and receive a $100 60-day credit towards your new account.
- Kolide: User-centered, cross-platform endpoint security for teams that Slack.
- New versions of Ubuntu Touch, Mir, and Unity arrive — Various parts of Ubuntu's canceled desktop/fondleslab convergence project are all still ticking away – some officially and some thanks to user communities.
- Ubuntu Touch OTA-24 Release
- Mir release 2.10.0
- Unity 7.6 is now available for Arch Linux
- Ubuntu Touch OTA-24 Released for Ubuntu Phone Users
- Google updates 2013 Chromecast for first time in over three years — In a new batch of Chromecast updates, Google has released new firmware for the first-generation Chromecast for the first time in years.
- Chromecast firmware versions and release notes
- Eufy cameras caught sending local footage to cloud — Paul Moore, a security researcher, posted on Twitter last week a frightening security situation with Eufy home security products including camera-equipped doorbells.
- Google says Google should do a better job of patching Android phones — Project Zero calls out Android and Pixel for not fixing a GPU vulnerability.
- ClamAV 1.0.0 Released — The first version of ClamAV, which is developed by the US-based tech company Cisco and the open-source community, was released back in 2002.
- 20 Years in the Making: ClamAV Finally Hits Version 1.0
- Compute Accelerator Subsystem Being Introduced For Linux 6.2 — It's happening: the new "accel" compute accelerator subsystem is now queued for introduction with the Linux 6.2 kernel once that merge window opens in December.
- Red Hat Developers Announce Work On New “Composefs” File-System — Red Hat is working on Composefs as a way to construct and use read-only images that are verifiable and have some immediate use-cases around sharing of Podman container layers and with the verification support for use by OSTree.
- GitHub - composefs
accel, anker, arm gpu, camera footage, chromecast update, clamav, classic ubuntu ecosystem, composefs, compute accelerator subsystem, cve-2022-36449, drm-accel, drm-next, eufy, linux 6.2, linux action news, linux news podcast, loopback mounts, mir, ostree, ota-24, paul moore, pixel 6, podman, project zero, ubuntu touch, unity, unity remix, wayland