CR 533: Critical Failure in Open Source¶
- Air Date: 2023-08-30
- Duration: 54 mins 42 secs
About this episode¶
U.S. officials are warning open-source software could be a cyber security threat. Their solution? Money. But do we want them picking the winners and losers of open source?
- Tailscale: Tailscale is the easiest way to create a peer-to-peer network with the power of Wireguard.
- ⚡ Alby: Your Boost companion for the web — Create an Alby Account to get a lightning wallet for payments wherever you go.
- 🎉 Coder Radio on the Podcastindex.org — Boost from the Web. Once you have Alby topped off, you can Boost from our page on the Podcast Index.
- Harnessing Generative AI for Application Modernization at Speed and Scale — hat happens when you have applications that have been curated and maintained by different authors of different elements over decades?
- 2023 Speakers - OLF Conference — We are excited about our lineup of speakers for the 2023 OLF Conference! Read on to learn more about what they have to say.
- U.S. officials warning of potential cyber threat to U.S. infrastructure and power grid - YouTube — CNBC's Eamon Javers reports on exclusive reporting around a cybersecurity threat.
- Cursor - The AI-first Code Editor — Build software faster in an editor designed for pair-programming with AI
- A Study on Robustness and Reliability of Large Language Model Code Generation — The evaluation results show that evenfor GPT-4, 62% of the generated code contains API misuses,which would cause unexpected consequences if the code isintroduced into real-world software.
api misuse, automation, cisa, code generation, coder radio, cyber threat, cybersecurity, developers, development podcast, economic productivity, excel, federal aid highway act of 1956, government investment, infrastructure, interstate road system, investment, large language model, memory leaks, open source software, power grid, president eisenhower, program crashes, python, risks, safety improvements, security, software development, technology skills