LUP 476: Canary in the Photo Mine¶
- Air Date: 2022-09-18
- Duration: 87 mins 4 secs
About this episode¶
We've gone deep to find our perfect Google Photos replacement. This week we'll share our setup that we think works great, is easy to use, and is fully backed up.
- Tailscale: Tailscale is a Zero config VPN. It installs on any device in minutes, manages firewall rules for you, and works from anywhere. Get 20 devices for free for a personal account.
- Linode Cloud Hosting: A special offer for all Linux Unplugged Podcast listeners and new Linode customers, visit linode.com/unplugged, and receive $100 towards your new account.
- Bitwarden: Bitwarden is the easiest way for businesses and individuals to store, share, and sync sensitive data.
- OsmAnd — Carry highly detailed, fully offline maps of any region world wide on your device!
- Garmin RV 780 & Traffic
- Office Hours 12 — Don’t Clip and Drive
- JB Meetups
- West Coast Crew Matrix Room
- Möbius Sync — Bringing Syncthing to iOS. Sync files between all your devices.
- PhotoSync — Photo Transfer and Backup App. For iOS & Android
- PhotoPrism — PhotoPrism® is an AI-Powered Photos App for the Decentralized Web.
- Storj — Fast, secure cloud storage at a fraction of the cost.
- Storj Warrant Canary
- How Decentralized Storage Works
- Duplicati — Free backup software to store encrypted backups online.
- Backup With Duplicati | Storj Docs
- Syncthing — Syncthing is a continuous file synchronization program. It synchronizes files between two or more computers in real time, safely protected from prying eyes.
- Stingle Photos — Stingle Photos is a convenient, easy to use Gallery/Camera application with Backup and Sync functionality for your photos and videos which seamlessly provides strong security, privacy and encryption.
- Recommended way to use Syncthing for Photos Sync
- Lomorage — Free private photo cloud solution that puts you in control of your photos and videos.
- Lomorage and Photoprism
- pigallery2 — A fast directory-first photo gallery website, with rich UI, optimized for running on low resource servers.
- Photoview — Photoview is a simple and user-friendly photo gallery that's made for photographers and aims to provide an easy and fast way to navigate directories, with thousands of high-resolution photos.
- LibrePhotos — A self-hosted open source photo management service.
- LibrePhotos Feature Comparison
- UhuruPhotos — Android client for LibrePhotos
- s3fs — FUSE-based file system backed by Amazon S3.
- rclone to Glacier
- CasaOs — Community-based open source software focused on delivering simple home cloud experience around Docker ecosystem.
- Nabu Casa
- Wazuh — Unified XDR and SIEM protection for endpoints and cloud workloads.
- CrowdSec — Open-source and participative IPS able to analyze visitor behavior & provide an adapted response to all kinds of attacks.
- LINUX Unplugged at the Podcastindex.org
ai, android, autotag, casaos, cloud backup, cloud storage, crowdsec, data storage, decentralized storage, face-recognition, fail2ban, garmin, glacier, google photo, headway, jupiter broadcasting, kde, librephotos, linux mint, linux podcast, linux unplugged, lomorage, ml, mobius sync, navigation, openstreetmap, osmand, photo backup, photo sharing, photo sync, photoprism, photosync, photoview, pigallery2, plasma, rclone, s3, s3fs, self-hosted, stingle, storj, syncthing, uhuruphotos, warrant canary, wazuh, webdav