LAN 119: Linux Action News 119¶
- Air Date: 2019-08-16
- Duration: 20 mins 46 secs
About this episode¶
We go hands-on with the big Xfce release that took four years and five months to develop. Kubernetes gets an audit that might just set a precedent, and Google has a new feature for AMP that has us all worked up.
- Xfce 4.14 released — After 4 years and 5 months of work, we are pleased to announce the release of the Xfce desktop 4.14, a new stable version that supersedes Xfce 4.12.
- Xubuntu Daily
- Open Sourcing the Kubernetes Security Audit — The group created an open request for proposals, taking responsibility for evaluating the submitted proposals and recommending the vendor best suited to complete a security assessment against Kubernetes, bearing in mind the high complexity and wide scope of the project.
- wg-security-audit at master · kubernetes/community · GitHub
- Someone audited the Kubernetes source
- Server-side rendering for AMP — AMP now officially supports a technique called server-side rendering (SSR) which you can apply to your AMP pages to make them load even faster. Our tests show increases of up to a whopping 50% on the popular FCP metric.
- OSdisc.com Has Closed — In just the past couple days, a very popular Linux OS supply site has closed.
amp, amp + ssr, best practices badge program, core infrastructure initiative, hidpi, jupiter broadcasting, kubernetes security audit, linux action news, linux news podcast, multi-display, osdisc.com, security audit working group, xfce 4.14, xubuntu