SSH 077: Automations Gone Wrong¶
- Air Date: 2022-08-12
- Duration: 58 mins 56 secs
About this episode¶
What is it like to live with another man's automations? Brent spills all.
- Humio: Take logs from any source and make them usable. Get started with Humio Community Edition for free.
- Linode: Receive a $100 60-day credit towards your new account. Promo Code: linode.com/ssh
- I'm sick... Jeff Geerling Channel Update - YouTube
- Shelly Plus H&T - Shelly Cloud — Enhanced with a faster processor, Shelly Plus H&T monitors even the slightest change in the conditions and will help you prevent dryness or mold while maintaining comfortable conditions at the premises.
- Shelly Sensors Guide: Humidity and Temperature — Connecting to WiFi and performing other computations causes the internal temperature of the H&T to rise. All electronic devices generate a little bit of heat, so this fact is unavoidable. The small size of the H&T intensifies this challenge. The part of the H&T that takes temperature measurements is close by and confined within the same case that houses the heat-generating components like the CPU. Shelly engineers devised a way to get around the problem by having the device sleep, then quickly take a measurement before the locally-produced heat can skew the measurement.
- Aqara Wireless Smart Temperature Humidity Sensor — Monitors temperature, humidity, and atmospheric pressure in real time.
- Upcoming Jupiter Broadcasting West Coast Meetups — The west coast road tour is coming. Join us at one of our various meetups!
- Join the West Coast Crew on Matrix — West coast locals, join us in the Matrix!
- Boost the Show — Grab a Podcasting 2.0 compatible app, and send a Boost into the show.
adguard, automation, bedtime automation, bitwarden emergency contact, eink, energy monitoring, h&t sensor, home assitant, jupiter broadcasting, motion, mqtt, opensense, power plug, self-hosting podcast, sensor, shelly, wireless smart temperature humidity sensor, z-wave, zigbee button