LUP 392: Dad's Deployments¶
- Air Date: 2021-02-09
- Duration: 66 mins 32 secs
About this episode¶
Which distro is best for friends and family? We have a unique take on this common question.
- Linode Cloud Hosting: A special offer for all Linux Unplugged Podcast listeners and new Linode customers, visit linode.com/unplugged, and receive $100 towards your new account.
- Datadog: Datadog - the unified monitoring and analytics platform for comprehensive visibility into cloud, hybrid, and multi-cloud environments.
- A Cloud Guru: By the end of this course, you will feel comfortable working with a large variety of networking tools and configurations to manage complex Linux networking implementations.
- The unanswered question at CentOS community Q&A: How can we trust you now? — The CentOS board conducted a public Q&A just ahead of last week's FOSDEM 2021 open source conference – and there was an awkward silence when someone asked whether changing the end-of-life (EOL) date for a released project is something that might happen again.
- Events/Dojo/FOSDEM2021 - CentOS Wiki
- CentOS Dojo 2021: Board of Directors - YouTube
- Ubuntu Backports a Major App Update to Ubuntu 20.04 LTS — Ubuntu 20.04 LTS shipped with Thunderbird 68.x but this version is no longer supported upstream. This leaves Ubuntu developers will a problem: backport individual security fixes to Thunderbird 68, or port the newer (and still-supported) Thunderbird 78 to LTS users?
- Subscribe to Coder Radio
- Jupiter Broadcasting Telegram Channel
- All Jupiter Broadcasting Shows
- EndeavourOS Issues First 2021 Release For Easy-To-Use Arch-Based Linux Distro — For those that have been meaning to try out an Arch Linux based distribution that is easy-to-use and not time consuming with sensible defaults, EndeavourOS is out with its first new spin since 2021 -- and in fact their first fresh ISO release since September.
- Our first release of 2021 has arrived – EndeavourOS
- ASUS - ROG Zephyrus G14 14" Ultra-Slim Gaming Laptop
- Linux on Laptops: ASUS Zephyrus G14 with Ryzen 9 4900HS | Ars Technica
- AUR: snap-pac-grub — Pacman hook to update GRUB entries for grub-btrfs after snap-pac made snapshots.
- Feedback: Browser Sync
- xBrowserSync — Browser syncing as it should be: secure, anonymous and free!
- Feedback: Gaming on Wayland
- A free, open-source future for Mailspring - Information - Mailspring Community — Today, I am excited to announce that I am open-sourcing mailsync - the C++11 core of Mailspring that performs email sync - under the same GPLv3 license used by the rest of the app, making Mailspring entirely free software.
- Pick: ht — Yet another HTTPie clone, written in Rust.
- PIck: fddf — Fast data dupe finder, written in Rust.
- Pick: bottom — Yet another cross-platform graphical process/system monitor, written in Rust.
14 inch screamer, almalinux, arch, asus zephyrus g14, backups, bottom, brian exelbierd, browser sync, btm, btrfs, canonical, centos, centos stream, desktop email, electron, email, endeavouros, enigmail, eversync, fddf, fedora, fosdem, gpg, ht, httpie, jupiter broadcasting, linux email, linux gaming, linux podcast, lts, mailspring, mailsync, manjaro, pat riehecky, pgp, redhat, rocky linux, rolling release, rust, ryzen, snap packages, snap-pac-grub, snapshots, tech support, thunderbird, top, ubuntu, unplugged, wayland, x11, xbrowsersync, xorg