LUP 447: An Umbrel for Everything¶
- Air Date: 2022-02-27
- Duration: 54 mins 34 secs
About this episode¶
We look at two new options that enable ANYONE to run a personal server at home or a small business.
- Linode Cloud Hosting: A special offer for all Linux Unplugged Podcast listeners and new Linode customers, visit linode.com/unplugged, and receive $100 towards your new account.
- Jupiter Broadcasting East Coast Meetup — Saturday, April 9, 2022
- Self-Hosted 65: Failing at Scale — Alex gives the new TrueNAS SCALE a go and hits a snag. Plus the future Home Assistant update that has Chris so concerned he might stop updating forever.
- Umbrel — a personal server for everyone — Run your personal server with a Bitcoin and Lightning node in your home, self-host open source apps like Nextcloud and Matrix to break away from big tech, and take full control of your data. For free.
- Ukraine / Україна on Twitter — Stand with the people of Ukraine. Now accepting cryptocurrency donations.
- Ukraine Solicits BTC, ETH, USDT Crypto Donations After Russian Invasion
- Tutorial — Change Umbrel docker compose to point to block storage.
- Writeup of Umbrel Security Tradeoffs
- Node hardening
- Umbrel troubleshooting
- Everything you need to know about Umbrel’s new license
- Value 4 Value Calculator
- BoostCLI — Command line tool to send and review Podcasting 2.0 Value
- BoostBots — Bots which posts Booots.
- Breez — Lightning Fast Bitcoin Payments
bitcoin, bitcoin node, boostagram, boostcli, boostirc, bsd, containers, crypto, cryptocurrency, docker, docker-compose, donations, freenas, helipad, helm, jupiter broadcasting, kubernetes, lightning, linux, linux podcast, linux unplugged, middleman, oculus, podcasting 2.0, rust, security, self-hosting, self-sovereignty, simula one, simulavr, truenas scale, ukraine, umbrel, virtual reality