LUP 490: 2022 Tuxies¶
- Air Date: 2022-12-25
- Duration: 50 mins 17 secs
About this episode¶
It's the third annual Unplugged Tuxies; our community votes on the best projects, distros, desktops, and services of 2022.
- Tailscale: Tailscale is a Zero config VPN. It installs on any device in minutes, manages firewall rules for you, and works from anywhere. Get 20 devices for free for a personal account.
- Linode Cloud Hosting: A special offer for all Linux Unplugged Podcast listeners and new Linode customers, visit linode.com/unplugged, and receive $100 towards your new account.
- Bitwarden: Bitwarden is the easiest way for businesses and individuals to store, share, and sync sensitive data.
- VIM Homepage
- Visual Studio Cod — Code Editing. Redefined.
- Kate — Get an Edge in Editing.
- Pop!_OS by System76 — Pop!_OS is an operating system for STEM and creative professionals who use their computer as a tool to discover and create.
- NixOS — Reproducible builds and deployments.
- COSMIC by System76 — Computer Operating System Main Interface Components
- KDE Plasma — Do it all in a beautiful environment that adapts to your needs, and with the safety, privacy-protection and peace of mind that the best Free Open Source Software has to offer.
- Ubuntu Server
- Debian — The Universal Operating System
- Jellyfin — The Free Software Media System
- Nextcloud — Online collaboration platform
- Steam Deck
- HP Dev One
- Home Assistant — Open source home automation that puts local control and privacy first.
- mastodon — Your self-hosted, globally interconnected microblogging community.
- Asahi Linux — Asahi Linux aims to bring you a polished Linux® experience on Apple Silicon Macs.
- AbdBarho/stable-diffusion-webui-docker — Easy Docker setup for Stable Diffusion with user-friendly UI
- Umbrel — A personal server OS for self-hosting.
- immich — Self-hosted photo and video backup solution directly from your mobile phone.
arch, asahi linux, best desktop environment, best linux distro of the year, best text editor, cosmic, debian, emacs, framework laptop, home assistant, hp devone, immich, jellyfin, jupiter broadcasting, kate, kde, linux podcast, linux unplugged, lunarvim, mastodon, nano, nextcloud, nixos, plasma, pop!_os, proton, stable diffusion, steam deck, sway, tuxies, ubuntu, umbrel, vi, vim, vscode, xfce