LAN 218: Linux Action News 218¶
- Air Date: 2021-12-05
- Duration: 21 mins 42 secs
About this episode¶
Industry-changing open-source project releases, and why the new CentOS Stream 9 might be more noteworthy than you realize.
- Linode: Sign up using the link on this page and receive a $100 60-day credit towards your new account.
- Ting: Save $25 off your first device, or $25 in service credit if you bring one!
- Blender 3.0 Released — Blender Foundation announces the release of Blender 3.0, to mark the beginning of a new era for open source 2D/3D content creation.
- Blender - YouTube
- Blender 3.0 Shines As A Huge Update For This Leading Open-Source 3D Modeling Software
- Blender 3.0 is out now with a visual refresh, huge new features
- Firmware “Best Known Configuration” in fwupd — These are used by server vendors to identify a known-working (or commercially supported) set of firmware on the machine. This is currently opt-in for each vendor to avoid the UI clutter on the components view, and so if you’re a vendor reading this post and realize you want this feature, let me know and it’s two clicks on the admin panel.
- FWUPD Linux Firmware Updater Prepares “Best Known Configuration” Feature
- Linux Vendor Firmware Service Serves Up 40 Millionth Download
- Introducing CentOS Stream 9
- CentOS Stream 9 Now Available To Live On The Bleeding-Edge Of RHEL9
- EPEL 9 is now available
- Carl George on Twitter — "I've been explaining the relationship between @Fedora, @CentOS, and #RHEL for years, long before I was hired by Red Hat. It usually happened in the form of drawing on a dry-erase board. Of course, CentOS Stream changes things. 🧵"