SSH 097: Tempted by the Fruit of Another¶
- Air Date: 2023-05-19
- Duration: 60 mins 54 secs
About this episode¶
Alex tempts Chris with his Obsidian ways, our thoughts on Drobo going bankrupt, and Photoprism adding paid tiers. Plus, the slick suite of tools you'll want to run on your LAN.
- Linode: Receive a $100 60-day credit towards your new account. Promo Code: linode.com/ssh
- Tailscale: Tailscale is a Zero config VPN. It installs on any device in minutes, manages firewall rules for you, and works from anywhere. Get 20 devices for free for a personal account.
- Garden - planning with Canvas — I am using Obsidian to keep track of my gardening stuff. I have notes for all vegetables i am growing, how much i harvested etc...This year i decided to use the canvas feature to help with planning.Overall its a rough sketch of my garden and the beds, thats also why there is a huge empty spot in the middle as there are my garden-house and lawn etc...
- obsidian-text-extractor — Text Extractor is a "companion" plugin. It's mainly useful when used in conjunction with other plugins (like Omnisearch), but you can also use it to quickly extract texts from images & PDFs.
- Drobo, having stopped sales and support, reportedly files Chapter 7 bankruptcy — Company posted in January that it had "transitioned to a self-service model."
- Drobo - Wikipedia
- 45Drives Needs Your Help Developing a Homelab Server — 45Drives here to talk about a new project that we are super excited about. We’ve realized it’s time to build a home lab-level storage server.
- Pricing & Editions – PhotoPrism — Simple, affordable pricing. Upgrade or downgrade at any time.
- Fasten — Fasten securely connects your healthcare providers together, creating a personal health record that never leaves your hands
- CorentinTh/it-tools: Collection of handy online tools for developers, with great UX. — Useful tools for developers and people working in IT.
- IT Tools - Demo site
- Split DNS Magic with Tailscale - YouTube — Tailscales Split DNS function within the MagicDNS feature allows us to access devices by name, not IP. But what if we could also access any service running in a remote subnet via a Tailscale subnet router? That's what we'll cover in today's video.
- Garden Gnomes Chat on Matrix — A chat room is for people who are interested in discussing all things gardening, and garden technology. Share your garden pictures, nerds out about about sensors, automated watering, build ideas, and more. We can share our experiences, ask questions, and learn from each other.
- OpenSprinkler — OpenSprinkler is an open-source, web-based smart sprinkler controller for lawn and plant watering, drip irrigation, farm irrigation, hydroponics etc. The current version is OS 3.2, with built-in WiFi (based on ESP8266) and OLED display. You can choose between AC-powered, DC-powered, or Latch version. OpenSprinkler supports a variety of solenoid valves (24VAC, Latch, DC, motorized ball valve etc.)
- Alby: Your Boostcompanion for the web — Alby brings Boosts to the web.
- Self-Hosted on the Podcastindex.org — Send a Boost into the show via the web. First, top-up Alby, then head over to our entry on the Podcast Index.
alex psu, chris' notes, collaboration, drobo, garden gnomes, garden sensors, invoice, it tools, joplin, jupiter broadcasting, laggy ui, markdown support, nextcloud, offline access, pdf manual, photoprism paid tiers, search, self-hosting podcast, sharing, split dns, sync, vscode extension, webdav, wife approval factor, worst self-hosting mistake