LUP 516: The Fixer-Upper¶
- Air Date: 2023-06-25
- Duration: 69 mins 13 secs
About this episode¶
Chris tears into two old PCs, and builds a surprisingly powerful multi-monitor Wayland workstation.
- Tailscale: Tailscale is a Zero config VPN. It installs on any device in minutes, manages firewall rules for you, and works from anywhere. Get 20 devices for free for a personal account.
- Linode Cloud Hosting: A special offer for all Linux Unplugged Podcast listeners and new Linode customers, visit linode.com/unplugged, and receive $100 towards your new account.
- Bitwarden: Bitwarden is the easiest way for businesses and individuals to store, share, and sync sensitive data.
- Too many Disks? Perfect.
- Chris' Workstation neofetch
- Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard — Black. Wired, Comfortable, Ergonomic Keyboard with Cushioned Wrist and Palm Support. Split Keyboard.
- Magic TrackPad
- NixOS Remote Desktop
- FOUR Displays
- U.S. Intelligence Has Admitted Amassed Data on ‘Nearly Everyone’ — A newly declassified report confirms that the government has unprecedented insight into our lives through smartphones, cars, web browsing, and other tech.
- DNI Haines Statement on Declassified Report on Commercially Available Information
- ODNI Senior Advisory Group Panel Declassified Report on Commercially Available Information
- Millions of Americans’ personal data exposed in global hack
- US government agencies hit in global cyberattack
- Extreme Privacy: What It Takes to Disappear by Michael Bazzell — This textbook is PROACTIVE. It is about starting over. It is the complete guide that he would give to any new client in an extreme situation.
- Have I Been Pwned — Check if your email has been compromised in a data breach.
- Stalkerware Resources and Help – Darknet Diaries — It’s a nightmare scenario that’s alarmingly common. Your spouse, partner, ex, co-worker, or vengeful person is determined they want to spy on you. To follow you everywhere you go digitally. They might have access to your location, the cameras in your home, your emails. It’s extremely violating and horrible. Here are a few resources that can help if you’re in this situation.
- Darknet Diaries — True stories from the dark side of the Internet.
- Privacy | Electronic Frontier Foundation
- Surveillance Self-Defense | Electronic Frontier Foundation
- GrapheneOS on Twitter — We’re deprecating SeedVault and will be replacing it with a new implementation. SeedVault was created by a member of the GrapheneOS community in 2017 based on our design for it. Unfortunately, it has been taken over by an untrustworthy group of developers without aligned goals.
- SeedVault - Calyx Institute
- seedvault-app/seedvault — A backup application for the Android Open Source Project.
- How to use SeedVault Backup for Android
- immich — Self-hosted photo and video backup solution directly from your mobile phone.
- DAVx5 — Sync your contacts, calendars and tasks. Get live-access to your WebDAV Cloud files. All-in-one CalDAV/CardDAV/WebDAV solution for Android
- LINUX Unplugged on the Podcastindex.org
- Pick: go2tv — Cast media files to UPnP/DLNA Media Renderers and Smart TVs.
amd radeon, asus, cai, cyberattack, darknet diaries, data brokers, eff, extreme privacy, gnome rdp, go2tv, grapheneos, have i been pwned, immich, jupiter broadcasting, linux, linux podcast, linux unplugged, moveit, nextcloud, nixos, obs, odni, pai, privacy, seedvault, self-hosting, stable diffusion, stalkerware, tailscale, wireguard, 🦒