LUP 527: Framing Brent¶
- Air Date: 2023-09-10
- Duration: 74 mins 20 secs
About this episode¶
Brent's new Framework laptop has been torn apart and put back together again. We'll find out if it's up to his standards. Plus, we're kicking off a new build.
- Tailscale: Tailscale is a Zero config VPN. It installs on any device in minutes, manages firewall rules for you, and works from anywhere. Get 20 devices for free for a personal account.
- Linode Cloud Hosting: A special offer for all Linux Unplugged Podcast listeners and new Linode customers, visit linode.com/unplugged, and receive $100 towards your new account.
- Kolide: Kolide is a device trust solution for companies with Okta, and they ensure that if a device isn’t trusted and secure, it can’t log into your cloud apps.
- 🎉 Alby - Boost into the show, first grab Alby, top it off, and then head over to the Podcast Index.
- ⚡️ LINUX Unplugged on the Podcastindex.org - You can boost from the web. Once Alby is topped off, visit our page on the Podcast Index.
- CCCamp23 — Chaos Communication Camp 2023
- Framework — The time has come for consumer electronics products that are designed to last: products that give you back the power to upgrade, customize, and repair them. We’re excited for the opportunity to fix the consumer electronics industry together.
- Framework 13 — Framework Laptop 13 DIY Edition (13th Gen Intel® Core™)
- Nextcloud Conference 2023
- LinuxFest Northwest 2023 Fundraising Merch is Live — Your fest is back! Support its return with a shirt and/or donation.
- I use NixOS for the same reason. Cleanliness is empowering.
- The Blog Index — TheGoldenDragon and I have hashed out some basic ideas about what Boost 4 Blogs should be and in a moment of glory I decided to mimic The Podcast Index by registering blogindex.org!
- Linus Torvalds Comments On Bcachefs Prospects For Linux 6.6 — That very much means NOT continuing this "I'll just do it my way". You need to show that you can work with others, that you can work within the framework of upstream, and that not every single thread you get into becomes an argument.
- Box64 — Linux Userspace x86_64 Emulator with a twist, targeted at ARM64 Linux devices.
- Podcasting 2.0 Top 100 (Music) — This chart is a ranking of the music tracks played on podcasts that have been boosted the most over the last 7 days. It is recalculated hourly. Thank you to Nathan Gathright for the page design. ❤
- Neo-Store — An F-Droid client with modern UI and an arsenal of extra features.
- Obtainium — Get Android App Updates Directly From the Source.
android, arm, bcachefs, berlin, boot-to-obsidian, box64, canonical, cinnamon, cuda, devone, emulation, f-droid, flakes, framework, framework 13, framework laptop, germany, gpl condom, hp devone, jupiter broadcasting, kent overstreet, kinoite, laptops, lenovo, lfnw, lightning, linus, linux podcast, linux unplugged, meetup, mesh networking, neo-store, new laptop, nextcloud, nix flakes, nixos, notes station, nvidia, obtainium, odroid, plasma, pxe boot, right to repair, risc-v, self-hosting, silverblue, steam deck, sway, the blog index, thin client, thinkpad, ublue, ubuntu desktop, value4value, wayland, zap, zerotier, 🦒