LAN 098: Linux Action News 98¶
- Air Date: 2019-03-24
- Duration: 24 mins 20 secs
About this episode¶
Is Linux gaming really being saved by Google's Stadia platform? We discuss the details and possibilities.
- Google launches game streaming service called Stadia — Google CEO: "We're building a game platform for everyone."
- Killed by Google - The Google Graveyard & Cemetery
- How OpenXR could glue virtual reality’s fragmenting market together — “OpenXR since the beginning has had a lot of positive energy and urgency," Trevett continued. “I think people kind of realize everyone can benefit. Obviously it's not going to be magic, but I think it can make a difference, because everyone wins."
- Intel Xe Graphics Being Part Of The First US Exascale Supercomputer Is Great For Linux — With Aurora expected to run Linux, this means the Linux driver support for Xe Graphics will have to be up to par by 2021.
- Albert Vaca Cintora on Twitter — "KDE Connect has been removed from @GooglePlay for violating their new policy on apps that access SMS . The policy has an explicit exception for companion apps (like KDE Connect), but it was removed anyway and there's no way to talk to Google."
- Albert Vaca Cintora on Twitter — "To close this thread, I want to say that KDE Connect finally got approved, and SMS support is back in version 1.12.4, both on the Play Store and F-Droid! Thanks everyone who spread the voice (this thread got half a million impressions on Twitter!) and helped make it happen :D… https://t.co/OTLY5KJdI6"
- Android Developers Blog: Providing a safe and secure experience for our users
- Google forced into Android browser choice — Now we’ll also do more to ensure that Android phone owners know about the wide choice of browsers and search engines available to download to their phones. This will involve asking users of existing and new Android devices in Europe which browser and search apps they would like to use.
- Antitrust: Commission fines Google €1.49 billion — Antitrust: Commission fines Google €1.49 billion for abusive practices in online advertising
- EC fines Google €1.49bn for abusing ad market dominance
- Google now pays more in EU fines than it does in taxes
android browser choice, eu fine, google antitrust, google play, intel xe, jupiter broadcasting, kde connect, khronos, linux action show, linux news podcast, monado, openxr, stadia, vulkan