LUP 456: Our Linux Regrets¶
- Air Date: 2022-05-01
- Duration: 64 mins 37 secs
About this episode¶
If we could change just one mistake in our Linux journey, what would it be?
- Linode Cloud Hosting: A special offer for all Linux Unplugged Podcast listeners and new Linode customers, visit linode.com/unplugged, and receive $100 towards your new account.
- Bitwarden: Bitwarden is the easiest way for businesses and individuals to store, share, and sync sensitive data.
- Office Hours 3: New Website Energy — It's a summer of projects, we get into our plans to totally rebuild our website, some new Podcasting 2.0 features and, Brent takes his first bite of the Raspberry Pi.
- Website Rebuild Ideas & Explorations
- Introducing early access to the Steam snap! — It’s time to do a call for testing on a new Steam snap which brings along everything you need to run Steam games via proton or, of course, native Linux games. Since this is an early access snap, expect there to be bugs and gaps, which we need assistance in identifying. We will iterate quickly, and respond to this feedback.
- It looks like the trigger was pulled too fast on this. Running the latest snapd, and the steam-support socket is missing.
- interfaces: add a steam-support interface by jhenstridge · Pull Request #11708 · snapcore/snapd
- Level up your Linux gaming with the new Steam Snap!
- Try Infrastructure as Code eBook | Terraform, Ansible, and more | Linode — A step-by-step IAC guide for Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, and Salt.
admin, android, apparmor, arch, arm, bottles, canonical, containers, emacs, firefox, gaming on linux, gentoo, iac, jupiter broadcasting, lady jupes, las, linux app summit, linux desktop, linux gaming, linux podcast, linux time machine, linux unplugged, lutris, mozilla, nix, nixos, office hours, packaging, pop!_os, preempt_rt, proton, realtime, sandbox, snap packages, snapcraft, snapd, snaps, steam, steamos 3.0, sysadmin, ubuntu, valve, wine