LUP 450: It Went Real Bad¶
- Air Date: 2022-03-20
- Duration: 58 mins 45 secs
About this episode¶
Why GNOME 42 is the release we’ve all been waiting for.
- Linode Cloud Hosting: A special offer for all Linux Unplugged Podcast listeners and new Linode customers, visit linode.com/unplugged, and receive $100 towards your new account.
- Jupiter Broadcasting East Coast Meetup
- The first Asahi Linux Alpha Release is here! — It’s been a long while since we updated the blog! Truth be told, we wanted to write a couple more progress reports, but there was always “one more thing”… So, instead, we decided to take the plunge and publish the first public alpha release of the Asahi Linux reference distribution!
- Introduction to Apple Silicon · AsahiLinux/docs Wiki
- OpenBSD/arm64 on Apple M1 systems — It has taken a while, but I'm pleased to announce that OpenBSD/arm64 works well enough on Apple M1 systems for some wider testing.
- The Best New Features in GNOME 42 — GNOME 42 features a plethora of GTK4/libawaita app ports, intros a retooled screenshot experience, and makes several notable performance upticks.
- A look at what’s new in GNOME 42
- GNOME MR - Dynamic triple/double buffering (v4) — Use triple buffering if and when the previous frame is running late. This means the next frame will be dispatched on time instead of also starting late.
- Ubuntu 22.04 LTS To Carry GNOME Triple Buffering Support
- GNOME Dynamic Triple Buffering Can 2x The Desktop Performance For Intel Graphics, Raspberry Pi
- Port Extensions to GNOME Shell 42
- Fountain 0.3.10 — Fountain transcribes each episode so you can easily create and edit clips. With Fountain 0.3.10 we've introduced better transcription accuracy and faster processing speeds.
- AntennaPod 2.5 — The key feature that we added in this release? That would be synchronisation with “GPodder Sync” app for Nextcloud, implemented by @thrillfall.
- AntennaPod Issue - Support for podcast:value
anaconda, antennapod, apple silicon, asahi linux, centos stream, dark mode, dark style preference, desktop performance, extensions, fedora 36, fountain, gnome 42, jellyfin, jupiter broadcasting, libadwaita, linux podcast, linux unplugged, m1 max, plex, podcasting 2.0, raspberry pi, triple buffering, ubuntu 22.04