LAN 299: Linux Action News 299¶
- Air Date: 2023-07-06
- Duration: 13 mins 13 secs
About this episode¶
Recent advances in embedded Linux, Canonical takes full control of LXD, ZFS gets a handy Btrfs feature, and updates on the show's production.
- Kolide: Kolide can help you nail third-party audits and internal compliance goals with endpoint security for your entire fleet.
- Linode: Sign up using the link on this page and receive a $100 60-day credit towards your new account.
- Status of Embedded Linux — In this talk, Tim will give an overview of issues in the Linux in the embedded space that have come about in the past year
- The 2023 State of The Embedded Linux Ecosystem
- LXD Moves to Canonical — While the team behind Linux Containers regrets that decision and will be missing LXD as one of its projects, it does respect Canonical’s decision and is now in the process of moving the project over.
- Ubuntu Maker Canonical Pulls In Control Of LXD
- Nearly 40% of Linux gamers on Steam are on Steam Deck — Overall the Steam Deck has kind of taken over Linux gaming and June 2023's statistic are pretty striking.
- Steam Deck on Twitter — “Hi all, just a quick note to celebrate a big milestone - we’ve just passed 10,000 Verified and Playable titles on Steam Deck! 🎉🥳🎉 A bunch of these titles are on sale (along with Steam Deck itself) at the Steam Summer Sale!
- ZFS Block Cloning — Block Cloning allows to clone a file (or a subset of its blocks) into another (or the same) file by just creating additional references to the data blocks without copying the data itself. Block Cloning can be described as a fast, manual deduplication
block cloning, canonical, copy-on-write, cpu, cutting-edge, deduplication vs. block cloning, embedded, embedded linux, embedded open-source summit, future direction, linux action news, linux container support, linux containers, linux copter, linux foundation, linux gamers on steam, linux in satellites, linux in spacex, linux news podcast, lxc, lxd, lxd project, nasa's mars ingenuity helicopter, openzfs, podcast advertising market decline, prefetch improvements, real-time kernel support, rust, sony, spacex, starlink satellite constellation, starlink satellites in orbit, steam deck, steam deck market share, steam deck sales impact, steamos, summer break, valve's stats, zfs 2.2.0 rc, zfs block cloning