CR 439: Github NoPilot¶
- Air Date: 2021-11-10
- Duration: 59 mins 13 secs
About this episode¶
Microsoft has a bunch of new goodies for developers, but Mike is becoming more and more concerned about an insidious new feature.
- Linode: Receive a $100 60-day credit towards your new account. Promo Code: linode.com/coder
- Shortcut.com: Shortcut, because you shouldn’t have to project manage your project management.
- A Cloud Guru: In this course, ACG will quickly cover how to connect to various database types. Then, we will jump into using the pandas Python package for data preparation.
- Yggdrasil Screen Reader — Yggdrasil is a new project that aims to create a better Linux screen reader, written in Rust.
- Getting Started With Python On Windows 2021 Edition — Don’t Despair! This Is Gonna Be Easy! :)
- Better Open With — With so many cool Android apps, Better Open With saves you the hassle of having to choose only one default app handler when you click a filetype, and without having to choose between "only once" and "always"!
- Apple's Craig Federighi Says Sideloading on iPhone Would Open the Floodgates to Malware — Apple's software engineering chief Craig Federighi today expressed his opposition to a provision in Europe's proposed Digital Markets Act that would require the iPhone to allow sideloading of apps outside of the App Store.
- WebSummit Video on LinkedIn — Craig is near the last 15-20 minutes.
- Announcing .NET 6 — There are massive gains in performance, which we’ve seen dropping the cost of hosting cloud services at Microsoft. .NET 6 is the first release that natively supports Apple Silicon (Arm64) and has also been improved for Windows Arm64.
- Performance Improvements in .NET 6
- Early adopters can experiment with native AOT form factor
- Visual Studio 2022 now available
- .NET 6 deep dive; what's new and what's coming | OD485 - YouTube
- Building the next phase of GitHub, together — This morning, I shared the following post with Hubbers in response to Nat’s announcement about his next adventure. I am thrilled to take on the role of CEO to build the next phase of GitHub for our global community of software developers.
- Thank you, GitHub
.net 6, .net native aot, ahead of time compilation, arm64, azure, coder radio, craig federighi, development podcast, github ceo, github copilot, iphone malware, julia liuson, nat friedman, python, sideloading, single binary, thomas dohmke, vscode