LUP 412: Going Deepin on Fuchsia¶
- Air Date: 2021-06-29
- Duration: 51 mins 42 secs
About this episode¶
Is Fuchsia a risk to Linux? We try out a cutting-edge Fuchsia desktop and determine if it is a long-term threat to Linux.
- Linode Cloud Hosting: A special offer for all Linux Unplugged Podcast listeners and new Linode customers, visit linode.com/unplugged, and receive $100 towards your new account.
- Core Contributor Membership: Use promo code summer - Support the show, and take $1 off the lifetime of your membership! Promo Code: Summer
- A Cloud Guru: By the end of this course, you will feel comfortable working with a large variety of networking tools and configurations to manage complex Linux networking implementations.
- Linux 5.13 Released With Apple M1 Bringup, Landlock, FreeSync HDMI + Much More — There are also new Linux 5.13 security features like the Landlock LSM, Clang CFI support, and optionally randomizing the kernel stack offset at each system call.
- The 5.13 kernel has been released
- PipeWire 0.3.31 Released — JACK has seen massive stability improvements. Locking and correctness wrt to callbacks and has been reworked. Also thread priorities have improved.
- PipeWire Project on Twitter — Important change in PipeWire 0.3.31 is that we now have a database of weird Bluetooth hardware. This allows us to apply device specific tweaks to work around issues. This database is from Android and should let us support more devices seamlessly.
- Real-time audio streaming with ROC
- Deepin Linux 20.2.2 Introduces a Brand-New App Store, Secure Boot Support — With this release, fans of Deepin Linux can enjoy a brand-new App Store that supports installation of Android apps, offers a better app management with support for batch installation of applications, and has a fresh new design with simplified interaction.
- deepin 20.2.2 – Deepin Technology Community
- Deepin Screenshots Album
- Salt Lake City Meetup
- Denver Meetup Meetup
- Jupiter Broadcasting Meetup(s)
- JB Telegram
- JB Mumble
- dahliaOS — dahliaOS is a modern, secure, lightweight and responsive operating system, combining the best of GNU/Linux and Fuchsia OS.
- dahliaOS Screenshots Album
- Google is releasing Fuchsia OS, starting w/ 1st-gen Nest Hub
- Here’s an easier way to try Fuchsia OS on your computer
- Reddit: A Question About Zircon And Its Capabilities
- A new version of Mixxx is out — Mixxx 2.3.0 comes with a new default skin: "LateNight" underwent a massive redesign and replaces "Deere" as default skin.
- elementary EDW videos on YouTube
almalinux, android, apple m1, arch, arm, aur, bluetooth, btrfs, centos, cloudlinux, containers, dahlioos, dart, debian, deepin linux 20.2.2, edw, elementary os, flutter, freesync hdmi, fuchsia, gpl, gregory kurtzer, hardware support, jack, jupiter broadcasting, landlock, linux 5.13, linux audio, linux podcast, linux unplugged, low latency, microkernel, mit, mixxx, pipewire, resf, roc, rocky linux, usb audio, xfs, zirkon