LUP 372: Distro Triforce¶
- Air Date: 2020-09-22
- Duration: 60 mins 41 secs
About this episode¶
What would it really take to get you to switch Linux distributions? We debate the practical reasons more and more people are sticking with the big three.
- Linode Cloud Hosting: A special offer for all Linux Unplugged Podcast listeners and new Linode customers, visit linode.com/unplugged, and receive $100 towards your new account.
- A Cloud Guru: Hundreds of courses, thousands of hands-on labs.
- Second-hand TV wipes out broadband for entire village
- Raspberry Pi 4 can finally boot directly from USB | Hacker News
- Raspberry Pi USB Boot - UASP, TRIM, and performance | Jeff Geerling
- Switching Between Proprietary Firmware and System76 Open Firmware - System76 Support — System76 Open Firmware is designed to be lightweight and performant with a simple and straightforward user interface.
- OpenPOWER Summit 2020 Was This Week With Many Interesting Hardware/Software Talks - Phoronix — Roberto Innocenti provided an update on the POWER64 laptop that is still being worked on via community donations as an open hardware platform.
- Open Hardware GNU/Linux PPC64 Laptop Potential - Roberto Innocenti, Power Progress Community - YouTube
- Donation Campaign for Signal Integrity Analysis of the PCB Design - GNU/Linux Open Hardware PowerPC notebook
- Arch Linux-Based EndeavourOS ARM Launches for ARM Devices - 9to5Linux
- Deepin 20 Review — Gorgeous Distro Becomes Even More Beautiful.
- Feedback: systemd skepticism
- EmacsConf2020 — Have you heard about the recent announcement for EmacsConf 2020? It's a free two-day online Emacs conference scheduled for the weekend of November 28th and 29th, 2020.
- cloud-hypervisor/cloud-hypervisor — A rust-vmm based cloud hypervisor.
- marin-m/SongRec — An open-source Shazam client for Linux, written in Rust.
- almarklein/mypaas — Run your own PaaS using Docker, Traefik, and great analytics.
- sdushantha/tmpmail — A temporary email right from your terminal.
1secmail, aberhosan, amazon, amd, analytics, arch linux, broadband, bunsen labs, canonical, carl richell, cloud, cloud hypervisor, coreboot, crosvm, deepin 20, desktop environments, devuan, docker, elementary os, emacsconf2020, embedded controller, endeavouros arm, fedora, firecracker, google, graphs, heroku, i3, intel, jupiter broadcasting, kvm, let's encrypt, linux distributions, linux foundation, linux podcast, michael jones, mypaas, niche distros, open firmware, openpower, openreach, paas, power64 laptop, protonmail, raspberry pi 4, raspbian, red hat, roberto innocenti, rust, rust-vmm, scsi, shazam, songrec, system76, systemd, systemd-homed, tmpmail, traefik, trim, tv, uasp, ubuntu, uefi, unplugged, usb, virtualization, window managers