CR 390: The Gold Rust¶
- Air Date: 2020-12-02
- Duration: 38 mins 32 secs
About this episode¶
After we geek out about keyboards, we answer some feedback and take a dip in the Rust lust.
- System76: Upgrade and Save on laptops and desktops through January 4th. The more you upgrade, the more you save!
- A Cloud Guru: Take advantage of your last chance to get a discount this year.
- Das Keyboard Q software — The information you need - on your keyboard
- Vortex Race 3 Mechanical Keyboard — Vortex's newest 75% keyboard, the 83-key Race 3! Do you need dedicated arrow keys that your 60% doesn't provide, but don't want the size of a TKL? A 75% may be just for you! Most of the keys are in the "normal" spot, so there's nearly no learning curve for this keyboard.
- Vortexgear Race 3 - on Amazon
- CODE Mechanical Keyboard — The CODE keyboard is designed to be timeless – but modern and unobtrusive as well.
- Khaos Tian on Twitter — Ubuntu virtualized on M1 ;)
- Linus Torvalds wants an M1 Mac — I'd absolutely love to have one, if it just ran Linux..
- Salesforce deal to buy Slack expected to be announced tomorrow — The deal is expected to be about half cash and half stock, the sources said, and will price Slack at a premium.
- Dear Microsoft — So welcome, Microsoft, to the revolution. We’re glad you’re going to be helping us define this new product category. We admire many of your achievements and know you’ll be a worthy competitor. We’re sure you’re going to come up with a couple of new ideas on your own too. And we’ll be right there, ready.
- Source: Microsoft mulled an $8 billion bid for Slack — Microsoft eyed Slack as a potential acquisition target for as much as $8 billion, TechCrunch has heard
- Slack Missed Out on the Pandemic’s Zoom Boom
- Amazon: We're hiring software engineers who know programming language Rust — Open-source programming language Rust is a critical component of our long-term strategy, says AWS.
- Why AWS loves Rust, and how we’d like to help
amazon rust, code mechanical keyboard, coder radio, das keyboard q, development podcast, hector martin, jupiter broadcasting, mechanical keyboard, rosetta2, salesforce buys slack, shane miller, ubuntu virtualized on m1, vortex race 3, why aws loves rust