LUP 475: Brent's Bug Battle¶
- Air Date: 2022-09-11
- Duration: 69 mins 27 secs
About this episode¶
Brent has been on a bug-finding marathon. We review what he's discovered and share some hard-learned lessons.
- Tailscale: Tailscale is a Zero config VPN. It installs on any device in minutes, manages firewall rules for you, and works from anywhere. Get 20 devices for free for a personal account.
- Linode Cloud Hosting: A special offer for all Linux Unplugged Podcast listeners and new Linode customers, visit linode.com/unplugged, and receive $100 towards your new account.
- Bitwarden: Bitwarden is the easiest way for businesses and individuals to store, share, and sync sensitive data.
- Pull Request #378 by DECbot — "JB is live!" indicator - on page load, call the script to highlight the #livebutton red if jupiter.tube is live
- NASA Selects SiFive and Makes RISC-V the Go-to Ecosystem for Future Space Missions — SiFive X280 delivers 100x increase in computational capability with leading power efficiency, fault tolerance, and compute flexibility to propel next-generation planetary and surface missions.
- Jupiter Broadcasting Meetup
- West Coast Crew Matrix Room
- Submit Your Baller Boost Jingles
- Fountain 0.4.8 - Referrals, Search Editorial and Other Improvements
- Fountain.fm Charts
- KDE Official Response to creation of GNOME Foundation (2000)
- Report: Default Desktop Environments for Linux and Unix
- How Much Does KDE Pay Developers?
- KDE Issue Reporting Guidelines - Have Realistic Expectations
- KDE neon
- Plasma Activities
- All bugs submitted by Brent during Kubuntu Jammy beta testing
- Firefox icon missing from panel following Kubuntu upgrade 20.04->22.04
- kdesu fails to authenticate with sudo from Jammy
- KDE Issue Reporting
- Fedora Workstation bug - Kate
- Fedora Workstation bug - Network - gnome-control-centre
- Fedora Workstation bug - Guake
- PhotoPrism — PhotoPrism is an AI-Powered Photos App for the Decentralized Web
- Git Large File Storage — Git Large File Storage (LFS) replaces large files such as audio samples, videos, datasets, and graphics with text pointers inside Git, while storing the file contents on a remote server like GitHub.com or GitHub Enterprise.
- Podcasting 2.0 Apps
- PhotoSync — Photo Transfer and Backup App
- iDrive — Cloud backup solutions for home and business.
- Syncthing — Syncthing is a continuous file synchronization program.
- FolderSync — FolderSync enables simple sync to cloud based storage to and from local folders on the device SD cards.
ai, anti-virus, apple silicon, av, baller boost, bug reports, c#, cash app, desktop linux, documentation, dotnet, edr, endpoint protection, fedora, fountain.fm charts, git-lfs, gnome, hamburger menu, hpsc, idrive, jupiter broadcasting, kde, kubuntu, large file storage, lightning, linux podcast, linux unplugged, lup mascot, ml, nasa, neon, nextcloud, nix, odin, photoprism, photosync, plasma, podcasting 2.0, podverse, pop!_os, powerpc, qt, rad750, readme, risc-v, robosats, sifive, space exploration, syncthing, synology photos, thor, todo, unity, unraid, wayland, woden, x11, x280, yggdrasil