LUP 441: Planet Incinerating Technology¶
- Air Date: 2022-01-16
- Duration: 64 mins 43 secs
About this episode¶
We make some last-minute changes to our server setup and catch up on a bunch of thought-provoking feedback.
- Linode Cloud Hosting: A special offer for all Linux Unplugged Podcast listeners and new Linode customers, visit linode.com/unplugged, and receive $100 towards your new account.
- Do You Put Linux/Distro Stickers On Your Machine?
- ChrisLAS Birthday Party Hang and Chow
- Jupiter Extras — Why Linux Will Win in 20 Years
- Denver Road Trip Memories — During our summer road trip to Denver we had the microphone's recording and captured some great moments.
- Denver Road Trip Tech — Our road trip machine is loaded up from solar to networking, the tech that made working, living, and recording from the road possible for 44 days and over 2,200 miles.
- Dev corrupts NPM libs ‘colors’ and ‘faker’ breaking thousands of apps
- Crypto Theses for 2022
- Cambridge Bitcoin Electricity Consumption Index
- ZFS has a history of not handling 15+ drive vdevs well.
- bismuth — KDE Plasma extension, that lets you tile your windows automatically and manage them via keyboard, just like in classical tiling window managers (i3, dwm or XMonad).
- Ideas on growing the Flathub Community in 2022
501c3, apple, apple silicon, asahi linux, backups, banking, bismuth, bitcoin, blockchain, btrfs, colors.js, containers, copy-on-write, crypto, data integrity, data storage, defi, dell, docker, energy use, environmentalism, faker.js, finance, flathub, flatpak, fresh air-capable, hector martin, jupiter broadcasting, kde, linux podcast, linux unplugged, m1, npm, opensuse, plasma, podcast index, podcasting 2.0, podman, rolling release, server upgrade, snapshots, tiling window manager, tumbleweed, tuxies, vdev, zfs, zpool, zypper