LAN 197: Linux Action News 197¶
- Air Date: 2021-07-11
- Duration: 18 mins 39 secs
About this episode¶
Open Source's best hope for alternatives to Microsoft and Google gets a significant update this week, and we cover a plethora of new goodies coming to a Linux near you soon.
- Linode: Sign up using the link on this page and receive a $100 60-day credit towards your new account.
- Ting: Save $25 off your first device, or $25 in service credit if you bring one!
- Nextcloud Hub 22 Released — At a virtual presentation streamed worldwide, the Nextcloud team introduced the availability of Nextcloud Hub 22, the second major product launch this year.
- Audacity fork maintainer quits after alleged harassment by 4chan losers who took issue with ‘Tenacity’ name • The Register — A disagreement over the project's name. Being unable to use the Audacity trademark, now owned by Muse Group, cookiengineer ran a poll to find a new name for the fork.
- will you switch to temporary-audacity/audacity after the new audacity drama · Issue #72 · flathub/org.audacityteam.Audacity · GitHub
- Stepdown as Maintainer of this Fork · Issue #99 · tenacityteam/tenacity · GitHub
- Breakdown of All Data Collected By Audacity : linux
- ocenaudio — Easy, fast and powerful audio editor
- ardour — Any number of tracks and busses. Non-linear editing. Non-destructive (and destructive!) recording. Any bit depth, any sample rate. Dozens of file formats.
- REAPER — REAPER is a complete digital audio production application for computers, offering a full multitrack audio and MIDI recording, editing, processing, mixing and mastering toolset.
- Microsoft Edge Beats Firefox To Become the Third-Most Popular Browser — Microsoft Edge puts daylight between itself and Mozilla Firefox
- Contribute to Fedora Linux Kernel 5.13 Test Week — Fedora kernel and QA teams have organized a test week from Sunday, July 11, 2021 through Sunday, July 18, 2021
- USB Low Latency Audio Support Re-Submitted For Linux 5.14 — Submitted on Friday as part of sound fixes was that work to reduce the latency at playback start with the usb-audio driver.
- Experimental Rust Support Patches Submitted to Linux Kernel Mailing List
- [PATCH 00/17] Rust support - ojeda
- Samsung Posts Newest “KSMBD” Linux Patches For In-Kernel SMB3 Server — The focus remains on being able to deliver optimal performance and supporting more features like RDMA integration compared to what can be implemented efficiently in user-space with the likes of Samba.
- Chromium OS Integrates CloudReady Installer — Ever wanted to have a Chrome OS experience on a device that isn’t a Chromebook or a Chromebox?
- [CrOS] Add install cloudready shelf button · Gerrit Code Review
- CloudReady Home Edition USB Installation | Neverware Install Guide
- Google bought CloudReady, the largest ChromiumOS distribution | Ars Technica
4chan, arm, audacity, cloudready, cookiengineer, document signature, fedora test week, firefox decline, in-kernel smb3 server, ksmbd, linux 5.14, linux action news, linux news podcast, microsoft edge market share, neverware, nextcloud circles, nextcloud hub 22, powerpc, rust for the linux kernel, rust risc-v, sneedacity, tenacity, usb low latency audio