LAN 156: Linux Action News 156¶
- Air Date: 2020-09-27
- Duration: 31 mins 25 secs
About this episode¶
Lenovo expands its Linux lineup in a big way, with 30 Ubuntu systems. And why Microsoft Edge on Linux might be more significant than you think.
- Lenovo expand enterprise desktop range preinstalled with Ubuntu — Ubuntu 20.04 LTS is certified across 30 of Lenovo’s ThinkPads and ThinkStations range
- The September release and EndeavourOS ARM arrived — Our ARM branch is fully based on Archlinux ARM.
- EndeavourOS ARM
- Microsoft’s Edge browser is arriving on Linux in beta next month — The Linux preview is part of a bigger push to get businesses on Edge
- Microsoft launches Chromium Edge release candidate — Microsoft is trying to position Edge and Bing as “the browser and search engine for business.”
- Microsoft Edge for Linux will Ship With These Features Missing
- Linux GUI apps are coming to Windows — GUI app support is still a work in progress, but Microsoft program manager Craig Loewen shared a GIF showing what it looks like when you launch an GUI application like the Nautilus file manager or GIMP image editor using a command in a Linux terminal window.
- Researchers Say Microsoft Edge's Telemetry Has the Worst Privacy of Any Major Browser — A research paper suggests the data Microsoft Edge sends to its back-end servers has a persistent hardware-based identifier which could be used to find a user's identity.
- Last phase of the desktop wars?
- An Important Update on Mozilla WebThings — We are writing to inform you that the WebThings project is being spun out of Mozilla as an independent open source project.
- Killed by Mozilla
- Firefox usage is down 85% despite Mozilla's top exec pay going up 400%
- Building a self-sustaining open-source business in the cloud era — We explain why we are making these changes, what this means for users, and why we think this is necessary for the open-source industry as a whole.
business browser, endeavouros arm, european ai fund, jupiter broadcasting, killed by mozilla, lenovo, linux action news, microsoft edge, mozilla, right-to-repair, telemetry, timescale license, timescaledb, tsl, ubuntu thinkpads, webthings, weekly linux news podcast