LAN 104: Linux Action News 104¶
- Air Date: 2019-05-05
- Duration: 35 mins 12 secs
About this episode¶
Fedora 30 is out, we share our thoughts. Purism's new Librem One service is launched, we're rather skeptical and the reason might surprise you.
- Fedora 30 Released — Fedora Workstation features GNOME 3.32 — the latest release of this popular desktop environment.
- Purism launches Librem One — Librem One is a subscription service, using open standards and free software, and it is available for $7.99/mo, or $71.91/yr for the four services.
- Librem One Affected By Nasty Security Bug On Launch Day
- Todd attempts to save face — By putting services under a centralized brand, we make these decentralized services just as convenient to use as the big tech alternatives.
- Firefox addon cert blunder — Late on Friday May 3rd, we became aware of an issue with Firefox that prevented existing and new add-ons from running or being installed.
- Canonical consolidates open infrastructure support — Canonical today announced Ubuntu Advantage for Infrastructure, a consolidated enterprise security, compliance and support offering that covers the full range of open source infrastructure capabilities for up to 10 years.
- Plans and pricing - Ubuntu Advantage Infrastructure
- Ubuntu and Dell launch developer survey — Give us your feedback and help shape the Ubuntu desktop.
- Docker introduces Docker Enterprise 3.0 with desktop integration, launches Docker Applications — 451 Research anticipates the app container industry will be worth more than $4.3 billion by 2022, and the competition is fierce.
- Amazon Managed Blockchain hits general availability — Amazon told businesses that they “can quickly set up a blockchain network spanning multiple AWS accounts with a few clicks in the AWS Management Console,” doing away with what it describes as the typical cost and difficulty of creating a company network.
- Microsoft launches a fully managed blockchain service
- Facebook working on cryptocurrency-based payments platform
amazon managed blockchain, blockchain, ethereum, fedora 30, firefox addon failure, hyperledger, jupiter broadcasting, kubernetes, librem one, linux action show, linux news podcast, mark shuttleworth, matrix, multi-cloud, openstack, purism, red hat, rhel, riot, ubuntu advantage for infrastructure, ubuntu support