CR 546: A Very Tidy Excuse¶
- Air Date: 2023-11-29
- Duration: 44 mins 54 secs
About this episode¶
The messy details and tidy excuses we noticed in all this OpenAI upset, and some fundamental problems that have been plaguing desktop Linux for years.
- Alderon Games: Alderon Games is looking to hire talented remote workers. They believe in the power of play and the magic of immersive worlds and are looking for passionate individuals.
- Tailscale: Tailscale is the easiest way to create a peer-to-peer network with the power of Wireguard.
- ⚡ Alby: Your Boost companion for the web — Create an Alby Account to get a lightning wallet for payments wherever you go.
- 🎉 Coder Radio on the Podcastindex.org — Boost from the Web. Once you have Alby topped off, you can Boost from our page on the Podcast Index.
- AWS debuts Amazon WorkSpaces Thin Client device for virtual desktop access — The WorkSpaces Thin Client is based on AWS parent Amazon.com Inc.’s Fire TV Cube
- OpenAI saga: What is Q-Star? — The ‘humanity-threatening’ AI that could be a reason behind Sam Altman’s removal. "Four times now in the history of OpenAI, the most recent time was just in the last couple of weeks, I've gotten to be in the room, when we sort of push the veil of ignorance back and the frontier of discovery forward, and getting to do that is the professional honor of a lifetime,
- OpenAI researchers warned board of AI breakthrough ahead of CEO ouster, sources say — Ahead of OpenAI CEO Sam Altman’s four days in exile, several staff researchers wrote a letter to the board of directors warning of a powerful artificial intelligence discovery that they said could threaten humanity, two people familiar with the matter told Reuters.
- The ‘AI doomers’ have lost this battle — That’s the reason for the strange organisational structure — to control the risk. Altman has been building this thing as fast as possible, while also saying very loudly and often that this thing is extremely dangerous and governments should get involved to control any attempts to build it. Well, which is it?
- The Unexpected Winner in the Craziest Week in AI — Microsoft Chief Executive Satya Nadella made a huge bet on the world’s hottest AI company. After it nearly blew up on him, he now emerges with closer ties to its leader, Sam Altman.
- US, Britain, other countries ink agreement to make AI 'secure by design' — In a 20-page document unveiled Sunday, the 18 countries agreed that companies designing and using AI need to develop and deploy it in a way that keeps customers and the wider public safe from misuse.
agi, ai, ai breakthrough, ai doomers, ai regulation, amazon workspaces thin client, artificial general intelligence, aws, coder radio, desktop linux, developers, development podcast, fire tv cube, llms, microsoft ceo, openai researchers, openai upset, q-star, reuters, sam altman, satya nadella, secure by design, us britain ai agreement