LUP 465: Too Nixy for My Shirt¶
- Air Date: 2022-07-03
- Duration: 64 mins 50 secs
About this episode¶
The one shared secret behind some of the world's most powerful open-source projects.
- Linode Cloud Hosting: A special offer for all Linux Unplugged Podcast listeners and new Linode customers, visit linode.com/unplugged, and receive $100 towards your new account.
- Bitwarden: Bitwarden is the easiest way for businesses and individuals to store, share, and sync sensitive data.
- Git from the inside out — The essay focuses on the graph structure that underpins Git and the way the properties of this graph dictate Git’s behavior.
- gitk — The Git repository browser
- ungit — The easiest way to use git. On any platform. Anywhere.
- Trustix — Distributed trust and reproducibility tracking for binary caches
- Kexec and Kdump on Raspberry Pi
- Install NixOS on Oracle Cloud
- Kexec and Kdump on arm64
- An update to Raspberry Pi OS Bullseye — So with this latest release, the default “pi” user is being removed, and instead you will create a user the first time you boot a newly-flashed Raspberry Pi OS image.
- Build a Raspberry Pi Linux System the Hard Way — The instructions below will explain how to build a Linux environment for a Raspberry Pi 3B from scratch, focusing on extreme minimalism. I will build most components from source code and use BusyBox as the only user application on the target.
- NixOS Wiki: NixOS on ARM/Raspberry Pi 4
- Installing NixOS on a Raspberry Pi
- NixOS on ARM/Raspberry Pi
- nixos-pi — How to install NixOS on raspberry PI
- Generating Raspberry Pi Images with NixOS
- NixOS on a Raspberry Pi: creating a custom SD image with OpenSSH out of the box
- nixos-docker-sd-image-builder — Build custom SD images of NixOS for your Raspberry Pi (or any other supported AArch64 device) in 5-20 minutes.
- NixOS + Raspi4
- Installing NixOS on the Raspberry Pi 4
- How to Setup NixOS on a Raspberry Pi
- NixOS on Raspberry Pi 4
- Kernel Support for miscellaneous Binary Formats (binfmt_misc) — The Linux Kernel documentation
- Cross-compiling the Raspberry Pi OS Linux kernel on macOS | Jeff Geerling
- NixOS on ARM
- Cross Compiling - NixOS Wiki
- ARMing Yourself - Working with ARM on x86_64
- Debian Wiki: qemu-user-static
- ARM64/QEMU - Ubuntu Wiki
- Emulating a Raspberry Pi with QEMU
- Emulating ARM on Debian/Ubuntu
- Raspberry Pi Documentation - Remote Access
- Emulating ARM with QEMU on Debian/Ubuntu
- Using QEMU to build arm64 experimental environment
- How to set up an ARM64 playground on Ubuntu 18.04
- Emulating ARM with QEMU on Debian/Ubuntu
- NixOS — tmpfs as root
- Erase your darlings — immutable infrastructure for mutable systems
- Umbrel — A personal server OS for self-hosting
- Umbrel Troubleshooting Guide
- JB London Meetup — August 5th 6pm, Jubilee Park & Garden
- Home Manager Manual — This manual will eventually describe how to install, use, and extend Home Manager.
- Tutorial: Getting started with Home Manager for Nix
- Merkle Tree
- Git Book - Git Internals
- Commits are snapshots, not diffs - The GitHub Blog — I believe that Git becomes understandable if we peel back the curtain and look at how Git stores your repository data. After we investigate this model, we’ll explore how this new perspective helps us understand commands like git cherry-pick and git rebase.
- Fear Not The SHA! - Git Internals - YouTube
- Git Internals by John Britton of GitHub - CS50 Tech Talk - YouTube
- Merkle tree in Bitcoin - BitcoinWiki
- Merkle Tree with real world examples - YouTube
- What is the merkle tree in Bitcoin? - YouTube
- OpenMPTCProuter — Internet connection bonding
- Podverse — NEW: Embed a Podverse player on your website! 🥳
- Nebula v1.6.0 — Experimental: nebula clients can be configured to act as relays for other nebula clients. Primarily useful when stubborn NATs make a direct tunnel impossible.
aarch64, app platform, arm, arm64, bitcoin, btrfs, commit, containers, cross-compiling, cryptography, declarative infrastructure, docker, dotfiles, git, gitkraken, guix, hash, hash functions, home manager, ipfs, jupiter broadcasting, lightning, linux podcast, linux unplugged, merkle tree, mesh network, nebula, nix, nixos, openmptcprouter, podcasting 2.0, podverse, privacy, qemu, raspberry pi, sbc, self-hosting, snapshot, sysadmin, systemd-nspawn, umbrel, virtualization, vpn, zfs