LUP 375: Wrong About Pop!¶
- Air Date: 2020-10-14
- Duration: 65 mins 45 secs
About this episode¶
We're reminded that you can't judge a distro by its screenshots. We use Pop!_OS for a few weeks and share our embarrassing discovery.
- Linode Cloud Hosting: A special offer for all Linux Unplugged Podcast listeners and new Linode customers, visit linode.com/unplugged, and receive $100 towards your new account.
- A Cloud Guru: This course is designed to be a deep dive into the topic of systemd, the most widely used service management scheme in Linux today.
- Linux_5.9 - Linux Kernel Newbies
- Plasma 5.20 — One absolutely massive release!
- ESXi on Arm Fling is LIVE! — The ESXi-Arm Fling supports a number of different Arm platforms ranging from a traditional Datacenter form-factor to both Near and Far Edge systems including the highly requested Raspberry Pi.
- ESXi Arm Edition | VMware Flings
- Great News for Nebula
- Nebula for iOS and Android is now available | Defined Networking — In February of this year, Nate and I left Slack to start a company together, Defined Networking, Inc., to focus on Nebula full-time.
- Mobile Nebula on the App Store
- LUP 329: Flat Network Truthers
- The AMD Radeon Graphics Driver Makes Up Roughly 10.5% Of The Linux Kernel — With Linux 5.9, it comes in at 2.16 million lines of code plus another 247k lines of code comments and another 109k blank lines.
- AMD Graphics Driver Hacker News Thread
- All Jupiter Broadcasting Shows
- Pop!_OS by System76
- Unplugged Core Contributors
- Manjaro ARM 20.10 released!
- Feedback: TLP Magic
- Feedback: Chromebooks and Education
- PIck: autotier — A passthrough FUSE filesystem that intelligently moves files between storage tiers based on the frequency of use, file age, and tier fullness.
- AntennaPod 2.0.1 Changelog
amd radeon, amdgpu, antennapod, arm, auto tiling, autotier, canonical, chromebooks, code quality, defined networking, dell precision, education, esxi, esxi-arm, extended attributes, fedora, free software, fuse, gnome shell, google, gpu, graphics drivers, jupiter broadcasting, kde plasma 5.20, linux 5.9, linux for kids, linux gaming, linux podcast, manjaro arm 20.10, nebula, networking, nfs, notifications, nvme, open source, podcasting apps, pop shell, pop shop, pop!_os, power management, powertop, raspberry pi, ryan huber, slack, ssd, steam, storage, system76, system76 keyboard, task manager, tiling window manager, tlp, ubuntu, unplugged, virtualization, vmware flings, vpn, vsphere, wayland, wifi