LAN 280: Linux Action News 280¶
- Air Date: 2023-02-16
- Duration: 18 mins 45 secs
About this episode¶
Some Git flaws you need to know about, we reflect on 10 years of Steam on Linux, and then dive into the much anticipated Plasma 5.27.
- Kolide: Kolide can help you nail third-party audits and internal compliance goals with endpoint security for your entire fleet.
- Linode: Sign up using the link on this page and receive a $100 60-day credit towards your new account.
- The Coder Robe — Celebrate Coder 500! The Robe, the Tumbler, and the Sticker are available for a limited time.
- Git Vulnerabilities — Today, the Git project released new versions to address a pair of security vulnerabilities, (CVE-2023-22490 and CVE-2023-23946) that affect versions 2.39.1 and older.
- 10 Years of Steam — Feb 14, 2013–Valve, creators of best-selling game franchises (such as Counter-Strike and Team Fortress) and leading technologies (such as Steam and Source), today announced the release of its Steam for Linux client. In celebration of the release, over 50 Linux titles are now 50-75% off until Thursday, February 21st at 10 AM PST.
- Sabayon 9 Review | LAS | s22e08 - YouTube
- Opening the Valve | LAS | s22e09 - YouTube
- Ubuntu Gets Real — Canonical today announced the general availability of real-time Ubuntu 22.04 LTS.
- Canonical Promotes Ubuntu’s Real-Time “RT” Kernel To General Availability
- Here Comes GTK5 — Discussions around the GTK5 tool-kit also happened with some developers eager to begin work on that next major release in order to begin facilitating API breaks and removing deprecated code.
- Plasma 5.27 — Plasma 5.27 is out and brings massive improvements to the desktop and all its tools. Another work of love from the KDE devs and contributors.
- KDE Plasma 5.27 Released — Better Wayland Support, KWin Tiling, Multi-Monitor Overhaul
- Final Version of KDE Plasma 5 Released – This is What’s New — Notably, this is expected to be the final release in the KDE Plasma 5.x series, with the following stable release set to be KDE Plasma 6.0, due for release towards the end of the year.
bluetooth, canonical, cve-2023-22490, cve-2023-23946, desktop effects, discover, flatpak, fosdem, git, github, gitlab, global shortcuts, gtk, gtk5, kde, kde neon, krunner, kwin, linux action news, linux action show, linux news podcast, nvidia, open source, plasma, plasma 5.27, plasma widgets, preempt_rt, real-time kernel, rpm-ostree, security, steam, steam deck, symbolic link, symlink, tiling, tiling desktop, tiling window manager, ubuntu, ubuntu pro, vakve, vulnerabilities, wayland