LUP 508: The Worst Distro Ever¶
- Air Date: 2023-04-30
- Duration: 52 mins 10 secs
About this episode¶
Two listeners race to set up a web server on Suicide Linux. One slip-up and it's all gone. Who will survive?
- Tailscale: Tailscale is a Zero config VPN. It installs on any device in minutes, manages firewall rules for you, and works from anywhere. Get 20 devices for free for a personal account.
- Linode Cloud Hosting: A special offer for all Linux Unplugged Podcast listeners and new Linode customers, visit linode.com/unplugged, and receive $100 towards your new account.
- Bitwarden: Bitwarden is the easiest way for businesses and individuals to store, share, and sync sensitive data.
- The Sprinkler Geeks
- Suicide Linux — It's a game. Like walking a tightrope. You have to see how long you can continue to use the operating system before losing all your data.
- Suicide-linux — now available on Docker!
- Suicide Linux bashrc
- JupiterBroadcasting.com, hugo-based and community-driven!
- Hugo — The world’s fastest framework for building websites.
- The Determinate Nix Installer. — nix-installer is an opinionated alternative to the official Nix install scripts.
- NixOS Package Search: Hugo
- Hugo in nixpkgs
- Mike Kelly on Twitter — Dammit @ChrisLAS, @wespayne, and @brentgervais, I could have won yesterday's challenge, had I only embraced Nix-Shell. Better late than never?
- Notes for Dom C’s setup using Podgrab and AudiobookShelf
- podgrab — A self-hosted podcast manager/downloader/archiver tool to download podcast episodes as soon as they become live with an integrated player.
- audiobookshelf — Self-hosted audiobook and podcast server
- nala — a wrapper for the apt package manager.
- pacstall — An AUR-inspired package manager for Ubuntu
- Dendron — The personal knowledge management (PKM) tool that grows as you do!
- Podcasting 2.0 Apps
- LINUX Unplugged on the Podcastindex.org
apt, audiobookshelf, bash, bashrc, boston harbor, boston harbor marina, bullseye, containers, debian, dendron, determinate nix installer, determinate systems, digital estate planning, docker, fedora, finland, hugo, hugo extended build, jupiter broadcasting, jupiterbroadcasting.com, kde, linux podcast, linux spring meetup, linux unplugged, nala, nix, nix-shell, nixos, olympia meetup, package managers, pacstall, password manager, personal knowledge management, plasma, podgrab, pop!_os, postal-code boost, rss, sam hughes, self-hosting, spotify, spring meetup, static site, suicide linux, the sprinkler geeks, tumbleweed