CR 437: Microsoft War Stories¶
- Air Date: 2021-10-27
- Duration: 48 mins 22 secs
About this episode¶
Chatting about the week's .NET news leads us into a blue-tinted tale of woe. When Microsoft taketh, they also giveth. But is it enough?
- A Cloud Guru: A Cloud Guru now includes Cloud Playground. Azure, AWS, or GCP Sandboxes at your fingertips.
- Linode: Receive a $100 60-day credit towards your new account. Promo Code: linode.com/coder
- Datadog: Try Datadog free by starting a your 14-day trial and receive a free t-shirt once you install the agent.
- Microsoft reverses controversial .NET change after open source community outcry — .NET 6 will now include Hot Reload across multiple platforms
- Microsoft Officially Deprecates UWP — Going forward, UWP will only receive “bug, reliability, and security fixes,” and not new features, Microsoft says, indicating that it is now deprecated.
- vscode.dev Visual Studio Code for the Web — Now when you go to https://vscode.dev, you'll be presented with a lightweight version of VS Code running fully in the browser. Open a folder on your local machine and start coding.
- Apple Announces 'Tech Talks' Where Developers Can Interface With Apple Experts — Apple says that developers can use the sessions to dive into technical content, get answers to questions, and seek one-on-one meetings for guidance. Sessions will be held online from Apple locations around the world in multiple time zones, including Bengaluru, India; Cupertino, California; London; Mexico City; São Paulo; Seoul, South Korea; Shanghai; Singapore; Sydney; Tel Aviv, Israel; and Tokyo.
- MacBook Pro with M1 Pro and M1 Max impressions — New chips, familiar ports, and actual volume buttons — it might be love
- 14-inch MacBook Pro review: A Mac Pro in your backpack — I’ve spent the last week with a 14-inch MacBook Pro with an M1 Max processor with 32 GPU cores and 64 GB of RAM. And I’m happy to report, it’s true—all of it.
- PTP Changes by SpaceX