CR 520: Microsoft Goes All-In¶
- Air Date: 2023-05-31
- Duration: 71 mins 14 secs
About this episode¶
We chew on the best bits from this year's Microsoft Build and the bright red flag coming from the Rust community.
- Linode: Receive a $100 60-day credit towards your new account. Promo Code: linode.com/coder
- Tailscale: Tailscale is the easiest way to create a peer-to-peer network with the power of Wireguard.
- Ford adopts Tesla charging standard — Under the agreement – revealed in a live Twitter Spaces interview with Tesla and Twitter boss Elon Musk, Farley said current Ford owners will be granted access to more than 12,000 Tesla Superchargers, starting early next year via the use of an adapter.
- Chris on Mere Mortals — In Conversation #90, Chris and I discuss: what it's been like to have 25+ podcasts, the current nosedive in advertising, how value for value is creating a richer experience for podcasters, his mindset in analyzing technological ideas, the coming pain from the messed up financial system, why Bitcoin/AI won't be as impactful as the internet and traveling across the US in an RV.
- CHRIS FISHER | Creating Jupiter Broadcasting - YouTube
- Microsoft Build 2023 News — MS' collection of news from Build 2023.
- Full Keynote | Satya Nadella Build 2023 - YouTube — Satya Nadella Full Keynote at Microsoft Build 2023.
- Microsoft enables booting PCs directly into cloud PCs — Microsoft has delivered a preview of tech that lets a physical PC boot into a virtual one, running in Azure, instead of running Windows from its local drive.
- Bringing the power of AI to Windows 11
- Microsoft is launching its Dev Box cloud-powered workstations this July — Microsoft Dev Box provides developers with apps and services to test their projects.
- Why I left Rust — There's a lot of speculation about why I left Rust yesterday, so I want to set the record straight in this post.
- Das Keyboard MacTigr Mechanical Keyboard
- Alby: Your Boost companion for the web — Your Boost companion for the web
- Coder Radio on the Podcastindex.org — Send a Boost into the show via the web. First, top-up Alby, then head over to our entry on the Podcast Index.
accountability, ai takeover, cloud-powered workstations, coder radio, dev box, developers, development podcast, disruptive innovations, early-stage capital, experimentation, failure, growth, innovation, jeanheyd meneide, market dominance, market share, mechanical keyboards, microsoft, microsoft build, profitability, revenue streams, risk-taking, rust, rust community, scalability, tech startups, vc funding, windows 365 boot