LAN 239: Linux Action News 239¶
- Air Date: 2022-05-06
- Duration: 16 mins 6 secs
About this episode¶
New firmware superpowers are coming to a future Linux kernel, why Google is working on encrypted hibernation support, and a sneak peek at SteamOS 3.
- Linode: Sign up using the link on this page and receive a $100 60-day credit towards your new account.
- Ting: Save $25 off your first device, or $25 in service credit if you bring one!
- Google Working On Linux Encrypted Hibernation Support — Google engineers are working on "enabling hibernation in some new scenarios."
- Encrypted Hibernation - Evan Green
- Update on Linux hibernation support when lockdown is enabled
- uswsusp - ArchWiki
- Rewritten Apple Silicon CPUFreq Driver Posted For Linux — The new patches posted today are a "complete rewrite" of the earlier Apple SoC CPUFreq driver attempt.
- Apple Silicon Exclusively Hit With World-First “Augury” DMP Vulnerability — Apple's DMP can potentially leak the entire memory content even if it's not being actively accessed.
- Linux 5.19 Adding Ability To Initiate Firmware Updates Using Sysfs — Thanks to Intel there is firmware-upload support being added to sysfs that user-space software can use for initiating a firmware update.
- 0.34.0 security release for matrix-appservice-irc — Incorrect handling of a CR character allowed for making part of the message be sent to the IRC server verbatim rather than as a message to the channel.
- Adopting Matrix at the GNOME Foundation
- IRC, Matrix, and thanks for all the kicks
- holoiso: SteamOS 3 — This project attempts to bring Steam Deck's Holo OS into a generic, installable format and replicate close-to-official SteamOS experience.
- HoloISO brings Valve’s SteamOS 3 from the Steam Deck to everyone
apple silicon, boot security, cpufreq, data memory-dependent prefetcher, dmp, encrypted hibernation, encryption, firmware, gnome matrix, google, hibernation, holoiso, linux 5.19, linux action news, linux news podcast, matrix-appservice-irc, pcr, scpi, steam deck, steamos 3, sysfs, tpm, uswsusp, valve