SSH 012: Which Wiki Wins¶
- Air Date: 2020-02-13
- Duration: 34 mins 16 secs
About this episode¶
We try out the top self-hosted Wikis and tell you which we like best, and Chris has a major project off-grid update.
- Going Solar — Work, Life, and RV Podcast — It's a huge investment! So we lay out our rationale for going solar after four years in our RV. Why we think who and how it gets installed is so critical, exactly HOW MUCH we spent, and how this new set up will keep us working from the road.
- Chris' Blog: Going Solar
- Alex's Blog: ktz.
- Developing on Remote Machines using SSH and Visual Studio Code — The Visual Studio Code Remote - SSH extension allows you to open a remote folder on any remote machine, virtual machine, or container with a running SSH server and take full advantage of VS Code's feature set. Once connected to a server, you can interact with files and folders anywhere on the remote filesystem.
- Don't blindly trust Docker for the selfhosted stuff — It is my strong belief that you shouldn't go crazy with all-things-docker when deploying selfhosted services at home. Online forums, especially r/selfhosted, seem to foster an opinion that providing a Dockerfile or better yet a docker-compose.yml or even prebuilt public images on Docker Hub is an acceptable way to distribute software targeting the selfhosting crowd.
- TiddlyWiki — a non-linear personal web notebook — Welcome to TiddlyWiki, a unique non-linear notebook for capturing, organising and sharing complex information.
- Wiki.js — The most powerful and extensible open source Wiki software.
- BookStack — BookStack is a simple, self-hosted, easy-to-use platform for organising and storing information.
- Material for MkDocs — Material is a theme for MkDocs, an excellent static site generator geared towards project documentation. It is built using Google's Material Design guidelines.
- Roborock S5 Robot Vacuum Cleaner
- Valetudo: Self-contained control webinterface for xiaomi vacuum robots — Self-contained control webinterface for xiaomi vacuum robots
- clarifies mi home app version requirement by IronicBadger · Pull Request #11401 · home-assistant/home-assistant.io · GitHub
acloud guru, bookstack, containers, docker, linux academy, mkdocs, off-grid, roborock s5 robot, self-hosted, solar, tiddlywiki, valetudo, vscode ssh remote file edit, wiki.js