LAN 106: Linux Action News 106¶
- Air Date: 2019-05-19
- Duration: 29 mins 14 secs
About this episode¶
ZombieLoad's impact on Linux, AMP to start hiding Google from the URL, and the huge Linux switch underway.
- ZombieLoad Attack — After Meltdown, Spectre, and Foreshadow, we discovered more critical vulnerabilities in modern processors. The ZombieLoad attack allows stealing sensitive data and keys while the computer accesses them.
- Understanding the MDS vulnerability: What it is, why it works and how to mitigate it
- Understanding Microarchitectural Data Sampling (aka MDS, ZombieLoad, RIDL & Fallout) from Red Hat - YouTube
- AMD Immune to Crippling MDS Vulnerabilities
- AMP to start hiding google from the URL — Signed-Exchange is something which can help you show your own domain in AMP page URLs, with all the AMP-Cache capabilities intact.
- A report from the AMP Advisory Committee Meeting
- Dual booting Windows on Chromebooks dead — Project Campfire turned up in the Chromium world this past August.
- Microsoft open-sources a crucial algorithm behind its Bing Search services — Microsoft today announced that it has open-sourced a key piece of what makes its Bing search services able to quickly return search results to its users
- Microsoft AI lab experiments
- South Korean government planning Linux migration as Windows 7 support ends — The Herald quotes the Interior Ministry as indicating that the transition to Linux, and the purchase of new PCs, would cost about 780 billion won ($655 million), but also anticipates long-term cost reductions with the adoption of Linux. The report doesn't mention a specific distro, instead "hopes to avoid building reliance on a single operating system."
- Windows dual booting no longer looking likely on Pixelbooks
- Google suspends business with Huawei — “Huawei will only be able to use the public version of Android and will not be able to get access to proprietary apps and services from Google,” the source said.
- Command Line Threat Hunting Video
ai, amp, amp hiding url, amp-cache, deep learning, dual booting chromebook, jupiter broadcasting, linux action show, linux news podcast, machine learning, mds, microsoft ai lab, pixelbook, python, pytorch model, red hat mds, signed exchange, signed-exchange, south korean linux switch, space partition tree and graph, sptag, sxg, vector search, zombieload