LUP 354: Microsoft FINALLY Gets It¶
- Air Date: 2020-05-19
- Duration: 60 mins 34 secs
About this episode¶
Windows is getting more competitive by adopting core Linux features, so we cover the latest Linux-inspired additions to Windows. Then review the new release of Pi-hole, sort through recent PINE64 updates, and read your feedback.
- WireGuard patchset for OpenBSD
- Microsoft President Brad Smith Acknowledges They Were Previously Wrong On Open-Source
- Craig Loewen on Twitter: "@satyanadella has just announced that WSL will include GPU compute support, and GUI application support! Get ready for more WSL announces and details today
- Craig Loewen on Twitter: “@Kiview @thezigpc @cinnamon_msft @satyanadella Our initial prototypes use Wayland”
- Hayden Barnes on Twitter: “WSL2 is getting GUI support, pass-through GPU support, and a new way to easily install.”
- Hayden Barnes on Twitter: "More glimpses of GUI support for WSL 2 from @shanselman and @cinnamon_msft
- DirectX ❤ Linux | DirectX Developer Blog
- Windows Terminal 1.0
- Windows 10 Is Getting Its Own Built-In Package Manager
- PineTab pre-orders open in late May
- PineTab running UBPorts with 5.6 kernel and Lima graphics drivers
- ManjaroBook AMD Ryzen
- Know when we’re going to be live. Check out the calendar!
- Join us on Telegram
- Pi-hole v5.0 is here!
- Inside the Brotherhood of Pi-hole Ad Blockers
- Raspberry Pi 4 USB Boot Config Guide for SSD / Flash Drives
- XPS Feedback Request
- Pick: multi-boot ISO USB
- Ventoy: just copy the iso file to the USB drive and boot it!
a cloud guru, ad blocking, amd, brad smith, build, craig loewen, directx, dns-ftl, dnsmasq, gpu, graphics, jupiter broadcasting, linux mint, linux podcast, manjaro, manjarobook, microsoft, multi-boot usb, open source, openbsd, pi-hole 5, pine64, pinephone, pinetab, raspberry pi, ryzen, ubports, ubuntu, ubuntu touch, unplugged, ventoy, windows package manager, windows subsystem for linux, windows terminal, winget, wireguard, wsl, xps