LAN 105: Linux Action News 105¶
- Air Date: 2019-05-12
- Duration: 31 mins 31 secs
About this episode¶
RHEL 8 is released, we report from the ground of the big announcement, Microsoft announces WSL 2 with a real Linux kernel at the core, and details on their new open source terminal.
- RHEL 8 released — Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 is the operating system redesigned for the hybrid cloud era and built to support the workloads and operations that stretch from enterprise datacenters to multiple public clouds.
- Considerations in adopting RHEL 8
- IBM's Red Hat acquisition moves forward — The Department of Justice has approved IBM's acquisition of Red Hat.
- WSL 2 using LTS source from Kernel.org
- Canonical announces support for Ubuntu on Windows Subsystem for Linux 2
- WSL 2 deep dive - YouTube
- All new Chromebooks will run Linux apps — Google has announced that all new Chromebook devices will be Linux ready.
- Project Mainline is Google’s new attempt to send security updates directly to your phone — Google will start delivering some Android security updates through the Play Store
- Alpine Linux Docker Images Shipped for 3 Years with Root Accounts Unlocked — This vulnerability appears to be the result of a regression introduced in December of 2015.
- Alpine Linux's response to CVE-2019-5021
- Gartner says 90% of blockchain supply chain initiatives will go nowhere — Research firm Gartner is unimpressed.
- The Friday Stream
alpine linux, alpine root account, android, appstream, cve-2019-5021, gartner blockchain study, google, ibm acquisition, jupiter broadcasting, kubernetes, linux action show, linux news podcast, linux on chromebooks, project mainline, red hat enterprise 8, red hat summit, rhel 8, ubuntu, windows terminal, wsl 2