LUP 244: Plasma Predicament¶
- Air Date: 2018-04-10
- Duration: 74 mins 48 secs
About this episode¶
We have some Plasma problems this week, but we’re still putting it into production in our most ambitious event yet.
- Ting: Visit linux.ting.com and get a $25 discount off a device, or $25 in service credit if you bring one!
- DigitalOcean: Visit do.co/unplugged for a limited time special offer, or enter dounplugged after you create your account for a $10 credit. Promo Code: dounplugged
- Linux Academy: Visit linuxacademy.com/unplugged to support the show and sign up for a 7 day free trial.
- LinuxFest Northwest 2018 — LinuxFest Northwest, an annual Open Source event co-produced by Bellingham Linux Users Group and the Information Technology department at BTC. LFNW features presentations and exhibits on free and open source topics, as well as Linux distributions & applications, InfoSec, and privacy; something for everyone from the novice to the professional!
- Disappearing files ZFS On Linux Bug — Data loss when copying a directory with large-ish number of files. For example, cp -r SRC DST with 10000 files in SRC is likely to result in a couple of "cp: cannot create regular file `DST/XXX': No space left on device" error messages, and a few thousand files missing from the listing of the DST directory.
- The offending commit — Trying to solve an issue for case insensitive filesystems They limited the attempts to expand the ZAP to 2, which is not enough.
- Valve's Pipe Has Something Linux in it... — We also have other Linux initiatives in the pipe that we're not quite ready to talk about yet
- NVIDIA will end 32-bit OS GeForce support this month — It will halt GeForce GPU driver support at the end of April, meaning users will lose access to new GeForce Experience features and game ready updates. Moreover, NVIDIA will end security updates by January 2019, so continuing to use your 32-bit OS with a GeForce card beyond that date could actually put it at risk.
- The New HandBrake is Great! — The HandBrake Team is pleased to present HandBrake 1.1.0. This major release includes new features, as well as bug fixes and improvements for issues affecting previous HandBrake releases.
- Plasma-Vault — Plasma applet and services for creating encrypted vaults
- Offline Vaults for an extra layer of protection
- Latte-Dock — Latte is a dock based on plasma frameworks that provides an elegant and intuitive experience for your tasks and plasmoids
- Falkon — Cross-platform Qt Web Browser
bugs, elementary os, enospc, falkon, latte-dock, linux podcast, linux unplugged, linuxfest, native apps, nvidia, plasma desktop, plasma-vault, podcast, steam machines, ubuntu beta, zap to 2, zfs on linux bug