LAN 293: Linux Action News 293¶
- Air Date: 2023-05-18
- Duration: 12 mins 32 secs
About this episode¶
Bcachefs hits a major milestone, how the Red Hat cuts impact Fedora, Plasma 6 plans, and the software update bricking EV batteries.
- Jupiter Network Membership: Support the entire network, and get access to every member's special feed for every show on the network. Promo Code: thesignal
- Linode: Sign up using the link on this page and receive a $100 60-day credit towards your new account.
- Kolide: Kolide can help you nail third-party audits and internal compliance goals with endpoint security for your entire fleet.
- bcachefs out for review — I'm submitting the bcachefs filesystem for review and inclusion.
- bcachefs TestServerSetup
- Bcachefs Submitted For Review - Aims For Mainline
- Fedora Program Manager Laid Off — On 24 April 2023, Red Hat announced a 4% reduction in global staff. As a member of that 4%, today is my last day at Red Hat.
- Fedora Program Manager Laid Off As Part Of Red Hat Cuts
- KDE Developers Planning For Plasma 6.0 — This week my fellow developers and I are in Germany for an in-person Plasma sprint–our first since 2019!
- KDE Developers In Germany Planning For Plasma 6.0
- KDE Plasma 6 to Ship with Floating Panel by Default, Double-Click for Opening Files
- Tesla sued over battery-busting OTA patch in Model S, X — The named plaintiffs claim that, despite Tesla saying their batteries are supposed to last the life of the vehicle, the Musk-owned automaker "deliberately and significantly interfere[d] with the car's performance through software updates that reduce operating capacity."
battery life, bcachefs, charging capabilities, ev battery software, fedora, file system, infotainment os, kde, kernel, lawsuit, linux, linux action news, linux news podcast, norway, open-source infotainment, plasma 6, podcast, software update, tesla, tesla lawsuit