OFH 032: Things are Changing¶
- Air Date: 2023-07-07
- Duration: 50 mins 27 secs
About this episode¶
We've got a radically new format idea for Office Hours and want to tell you all about it.
- Linode: Get $100 to check out a rocking Linode system, and support the show!
- Send us a Boost w/a new Podcast App: Send a boost into the show, try out a new app, and help keep podcasting independent.
- Alby: Your Boost companion for the web — Create an Alby Account to get a lightning wallet for payments wherever you go.
- Office Hours on the Podcastindex.org — Boost from the Podcast Index website. Just top off Alby first, then head over to the Index!
- Try out a new Podcast app — Try out a Podcast 2.0 compatible app, and get more features as we roll them out!
- Berlin with Brent - Meetup — Brent loved his time in Berlin so much, he's going back for more!
- Berlin Buds Matrix
- Adopting Bitcoin 2023 — The Crowne Plaza is in the heart of the country’s financial district, just over half a kilometer from the San Salvador Cathedral and an hour away from Bitcoin Mecca - El Zonte.
- Podcast Listeners Say AI is Poised to Redefine the Medium, Acast Study Finds — Podcast listeners are also supportive of how AI will potentially improve the overall accessibility and discoverability of the medium. In fact, 79% support the use of speech recognition to automatically transcribe podcast episodes to make them searchable and accessible. Another 78% of respondents said they support the use of AI to generate captions in real time in order to make episodes more accessible to deaf audiences. Additionally, 74% said they support the use of AI to suggest specific podcast episodes highly relevant to a topic being discussed in the podcast being listened to and 72% support AI helping them to better discover relevant podcasts.
- Transcribe.fm — Lightning-fast transcripts for your podcast
- What Are Podcasting 2.0 Transcripts? — Transcripts are no silver bullet, but they certainly make your podcast easier to discover, search, share and repurpose in different content formats.
- Bitcoin Hits New 2023 High as BlackRock Refiles Spot Bitcoin ETF Application — Monday’s move in the Bitcoin price comes as financial giant BlackRock re-filed its spot Bitcoin ETF application. As per the details, BlackRock submitted the application to the US SEC through Nasdaq while naming Coinbase Global Inc. as the market to provide surveillance for the proposed ETF.
- TWiT.tv Selects Libsyn’s AdvertiseCast as Podcast Advertising Partner to Drive Monetization and Audience Growth — Lisa Laporte, CEO of TWiT.tv, remarked, "We're impressed with Libsyn AdvertiseCast's premium host-read expertise and programmatic advertising capabilities. Throughout our pilot phase, they've consistently demonstrated a higher fill rate.
- Podcasting could be in for a rocky 2023 — The ad market is soft, layoffs will likely continue, but the industry should (hopefully) be alright.
- Podcast Dealmaking Gets More Selective In Slower Ad Market
acast study, adopting bitcoin 2023, advertisecast, berlin with brent, boost bounty, chrislas, dynamic ads, jupiter broadcasting, meetup in berlin, office hours, podcast ai, pure value for value, transcribe.fm, twit.tv selects libsyn, what are podcasting 2.0 transcripts