CR 381: Flamewar Feedback Frenzy¶
- Air Date: 2020-09-30
- Duration: 57 mins 50 secs
About this episode¶
We provoked quite a response and cover the feedback that puts us in our place. Then we dive into the wild era of text editor of yore and solve an age-old question.
- Linode: Receive a $100 60-day credit towards your new account. Promo Code: linode.com/coder
- A Cloud Guru: A Cloud Guru now includes Cloud Playground. Azure, AWS, or GCP Sandboxes at your fingertips.
- Install Sosumi for Linux using the Snap Store — This will boot to the macOS recovery system.
- Google to enforce 30% cut on in-app purchases — Google said Monday it will enforce rules that require app developers distributing Android software on the Google Play Store to use its in-app payment system.
- Android Developers Blog: Listening to Developer Feedback to Improve Google Play
- Coalition for App Fairness — The Coalition for App Fairness is an independent nonprofit organization founded by industry-leading companies to advocate for freedom of choice and fair competition across the app ecosystem.
- Ruby 3.0.0 Preview 1 Released — We are pleased to announce the release of Ruby 3.0.0-preview1.
- Swift System is Now Open Source — Today, I’m excited to announce that we’re open-sourcing System and adding Linux support! Our vision is for System to eventually act as the single home for low-level system interfaces for all supported Swift platforms.
- Introducing Swift on Windows
- The Era of Visual Studio Code — I believe the era of new text editors emerging and quickly becoming popular has now ended with Visual Studio Code. VS Code has reached unprecedented levels of popularity and refinement, laying a foundation that could mean decades of market dominance. If, like me, one of your priorities for your tools is longevity2, then that means VS Code might be a great text editor to invest in learning today.