LAN 166: Linux Action News 166¶
- Air Date: 2020-12-06
- Duration: 29 mins 34 secs
About this episode¶
Desktop Linux users saw a lot of new features land this week, and SUSE might just have a new cloud-winning strategy.
- Linode: Sign up using the link on this page and receive a $100 60-day credit towards your new account.
- Ting: Save $25 off your first device, or $25 in service credit if you bring one!
- Budgie 10.5.2 Desktop Environment Released with Support for the GNOME 3.38 Stack
- Budgie 10.5.2 Released
- KDE Plasma 5.20.4 Is Out with More Than 40 Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Plasma 5.20.4 complete changelog
- GNOME 3.38.2 Desktop Environment Is Out with Even More Improvements and Bug Fixes
- Cinnamon 4.8 Desktop Environment Released, This Is What’s New
- New Raspberry Pi OS release — The traditional end-of-year new release of Raspberry Pi OS, which we launch today.
- Raspberry Pi’s V3DV Vulkan Driver Now Supports Wayland — Raspberry Pi fans were celebrating that the V3DV driver is now officially Vulkan 1.0 conformant for supporting this modern high-performance graphics/compute API atop the Raspberry Pi 4 and newer.
- Should Red Hat be afraid of SUSE’s Rancher acquisition? — SUSE, a major Linux and cloud company, finalized its acquisition of Rancher Labs earlier this year.. Rancher, formerly a privately held open-source company, had over 37,000 active users and 100-million downloads of its flagship Kubernetes management program, Rancher.
- Rancher Labs - Wikipedia
- Network World
- SUSE to Acquire Rancher Labs - YouTube
aks, alsa, apple m1, budgie 10.5.2, chromium 84, cinnamon 4.8, cncf, containers, eks, eqt, gks, gnome 3.38.2, gnome 5.20.4, gnome os, graphics drivers, igalia, k3s, k8s, kde plasma 5.20.4, kubernetes, linux action news, linux hardware, linux mint 21, linux news podcast, mesa, michael larabel, phoronix, phoronix test suite, pulseaudio, rancher, rancher labs, raspberry pi os, suse, v3dv, vulkan, wayland