LAN 273: Linux Action News 273¶
- Air Date: 2022-12-29
- Duration: 17 mins 33 secs
About this episode¶
There are some stories so big they need a little more air time.
- Linode: Sign up using the link on this page and receive a $100 60-day credit towards your new account.
- Kolide: User-centered, cross-platform endpoint security for teams that Slack.
- Akademy 2022: Full Steam ahead! — In this talk I will share how Plasma fits into the Steamdeck and what aspects of KDE made us the right choice for their new userbase. I will then share some of the projects that contractors Blue Systems have been doing for Valve and how the work there benefits not just the Steamdeck but improves the ecosystem for all Plasma users.
- GamingOnLinux category: Steam Deck
- Anaconda Web UI preview image — Download the Anaconda Web UI preview image and boot it on VM or hardware that contains no important data.
- Fedora 37 Hopes To Have A Preview Of The New Web-Based Install UI
- Libadwaita in the Wild — It’s hard to believe, but Libadwaita is not even one year old, having first been released on December 31, 2021.
- libadwaita — Building blocks for modern GNOME applications.
- Why the open source driver release from NVIDIA is so important for Linux? — Today NVIDIA announced that they are releasing an open source kernel driver for their GPUs, so I want to share with you some background information and how I think this will impact Linux graphics and compute going forward.
- Linux Action News 240 — NVIDIA has announced its plans for an open-source GPU driver. Christian Schaller, the Director for Desktop, Graphics, Infotainment and more at Red Hat, gives us the inside scoop on this historic announcement.
- Nvidia Scraps ARM Acquisition After Regulatory Pressure, Owner SoftBank Prepares Chipmaker For IPO
- Chips are down: Nvidia abandons $40 billion deal to purchase Arm Holdings
akademy 2022, anaconda, apple hardware, apple silicon, application themeing, arm, arm acquisition, asahi linux, canonical, christian schaller, cpufreq, d-installer, dbus, drm, fedora, flutter, gaming on linux, gles, gnome, gnome shell, gpu, gtk4, hector martin, kde, libadwaita, linux action news, linux kernel, linux news podcast, m1, m2, nvdla, nvidia, open-source graphics drivers, opengl, opensuse, pipewire, plasma, proton, raspberry pi, rust, sdd, steam deck, steamos, trim, ubuntu, valve, wayland, web-based installer, wireplumber, yast