LUP 466: The Night of a Thousand Errors¶
- Air Date: 2022-07-10
- Duration: 66 mins 43 secs
About this episode¶
We were fixing servers all night, but at least we have a great story. A special guest joins us to help make a big show announcement.
- Tailscale: Tailscale is a Zero config VPN. It installs on any device in minutes, manages firewall rules for you, and works from anywhere. Get 20 devices for free for a personal account.
- Linode Cloud Hosting: A special offer for all Linux Unplugged Podcast listeners and new Linode customers, visit linode.com/unplugged, and receive $100 towards your new account.
- Systemd Creator Lands At Microsoft
- Brunch with Brent: Quentin Stafford-Fraser
- Brunch With Brent: Tim Canham — Brent sits down with Tim Canham, Senior Software Engineer at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory. We explore topics including the hardware and software powering NASA’s Ingenuity Mars Helicopter; JPL's switch from Solaris to Linux; the open source projects, tools, and philosophy at JPL, ...and more.
- JPL Free Public Tours
- West Coast Crew Matrix Room
- Jupiter.party - The JB Network Membership
- ptpython — A better Python REPL.
- IPython — A powerful interactive shell.
- Jupyter Notebooks
- Joe’s minimal implementation of Git ~300 LOC
- Podcasting 2.0 Apps
- Pick: dua-cli — View disk space usage and delete unwanted data, fast.
- dust — A more intuitive version of du in rust.
- parallel-disk-usage — Highly parallelized, blazing fast directory tree analyzer.
- dirstat-rs — (fastest?) disk usage cli, similar to windirstat.
- dutree — a tool to analyze file system usage written in Rust.
- F’ — A Flight Software and Embedded Systems Framework.
- Play webtorrent’s with mpv
bpython, brunch with brent, cassini, curiosity rover, database, deep space network, disk space, docker, dua-cli, extras, f prime, ingenuity, ipython, jpl, jupiter broadcasting, jupyter notebooks, lennart poettering, linux podcast, linux unplugged, mars, mars helicopter, matrix, microsoft, nasa, ncdu, nix, open source, outage, perseverance rover, postgresql, ptpython, python, raspberry pi, robotics, rust, solaris, spacecraft, sql, steam deck, sun microsystems, synapse, systemd