LUP 343: What Linux is Best At¶
- Air Date: 2020-03-03
- Duration: 57 mins 8 secs
About this episode¶
We try the Mac desktop for 30 days, find out what we think it does best, and where Linux will always have it beat.
- GNOME Shell 3.36 release Looking Great
- Firefox 75 On Wayland Now To Have Full WebGL, Working VA-API Acceleration - Phoronix
- Don’t forget about DST!
- FOSS Talk Live - June 20th at The Harrison near King’s Cross in London
- Keep the conversation going join us on Telegram
- Late Night Linux – Episode 84 – Late Night Linux
- How Docker Makes All Linux Distros Look Alike - Container Journal
- Docker Desktop for Mac - Docker Hub
- Docker Desktop for Windows
- Simon Ferquel on Twitter: “We just updated @docker desktop edge channel with a build supporting Windows 10 Home Insider (you need WSL2 to run it on Home). So happy to see this at last!” / Twitter
- Yong Sheng on Twitter: “running #docker on #wsl2 from a fresh reboot of #windows10 20H1: 9 sec startup, 1.1gb of ram, no hyper-v MobyVM required. passthrough support into my existing ubuntu wsl instance. been waiting for this for years! https://t.co/6ernWi4Hoz” / Twitter
- Chris Tries a Mac and it Makes him Think
- Steam Survey Updated For February 2020 With Latest Linux Figures - Phoronix
- Carl Richell on Twitter: Pop!_OS tiling is shaping up nicely. We’re hoping to have a 20.04 beta release available in about a month.
- pop-os/shell: Pop!_OS Tiling GNOME Extension
- catt - Cast All The Things allows you to send videos from many, many online sources to your Chromecast.
- The Silver Searcher - A code searching tool similar to ack, with a focus on speed.
- Ripgrep - ripgrep recursively searches directories for a regex pattern