CR 505: Panic at the GPTdisco¶
- Air Date: 2023-02-15
- Duration: 54 mins 3 secs
About this episode¶
The pitchforks are out for Google's CEO, and hoopla is leaking! Plus, our thoughts on baking telemetry into Go, the big Web3 crackdown, and more.
- Linode: Receive a $100 60-day credit towards your new account. Promo Code: linode.com/coder
- Tailscale: Tailscale is the easiest way to create a peer-to-peer network with the power of Wireguard.
- Avalonia UI - Home — Avalonia UI creates pixel-perfect, native apps.
- Grab a Robe from the Jupiter Broadcasting Garage — Robes, Tumblers, Stickers, oh my!
- Google's Go may add telemetry reporting that's on by default — Some devs object because they don't trust Mountain View
- Google employees slam CEO Sundar Pichai for ‘rushed’ Bard announcement — Alphabet shares dropped more than 9% this week amid Google’s attempt to compete with Microsoft’s ChatGPT integration.
- "Is it time for Pichai to go? — Is it time for Pichai to go? He's been criticized for lack of foresight for years, but I wonder if this Bard catastrophy will be the straw that breaks the board's back...
- Crypto Super Bowl Advertising Will Be Absent This Year — It's a notable change from last year's National Football League championship, where crypto ads were so prevalent the event was dubbed the "Crypto Bowl."
- SEC goes after 'staking' in latest blow to crypto industry — The SEC announced that Kraken had agreed to shutter its staking service, accusing it of selling unregistered securities. The SEC said in a news release that Kraken’s exchange, one of the most popular ones for cryptocurrency investors, failed to register “the offer and sale of their crypto asset staking-as-a-service program.”
- SEC Chief Gensler Warns Crypto Firms to Comply With Rules After Kraken Shutters US Staking Program — Other platforms that offer yield-earning programs should "take note" and come into compliance, the regulator said a day after crypto exchange Kraken said it will pay a $30 million fine to settle SEC charges.
- SEC to Sue Crypto Trust Co. Paxos Over Binance Stablecoin: WSJ — Paxos also faces a probe from the New York Department of Financial Services.
- Alby — Lightning for your Browser! — Alby brings Boosts to the web.
- Coder Radio on the Podcastindex.org — Send a boost from the Podcast Index website, just top up Alby first and then head on over!
alphabet shares, bard, binance stablecoin. .net, chatgpt, coder radio, development podcast, electron, flutter, go telemetry, memegen, russ cox, sec, staking, sundar pichai, tauri, web3 crackdown