CR 505: Panic at the GPTdisco¶
- Air Date: 2023-02-15
- Duration: 54 mins 3 secs
About this episode¶
The pitchforks are out for Google's CEO, and hoopla is leaking! Plus, our thoughts on baking telemetry into Go, the big Web3 crackdown, and more.
- Linode: Receive a $100 60-day credit towards your new account. Promo Code: linode.com/coder
- Tailscale: Tailscale is the easiest way to create a peer-to-peer network with the power of Wireguard.
- Avalonia UI - Home — Avalonia UI creates pixel-perfect, native apps.
- Grab a Robe from the Jupiter Broadcasting Garage — Robes, Tumblers, Stickers, oh my!
- Google's Go may add telemetry reporting that's on by default — Some devs object because they don't trust Mountain View
- Google employees slam CEO Sundar Pichai for ‘rushed’ Bard announcement — Alphabet shares dropped more than 9% this week amid Google’s attempt to compete with Microsoft’s ChatGPT integration.
- "Is it time for Pichai to go? — Is it time for Pichai to go? He's been criticized for lack of foresight for years, but I wonder if this Bard catastrophy will be the straw that breaks the board's back...
- Crypto Super Bowl Advertising Will Be Absent This Year — It's a notable change from last year's National Football League championship, where crypto ads were so prevalent the event was dubbed the "Crypto Bowl."
- SEC goes after 'staking' in latest blow to crypto industry — The SEC announced that Kraken had agreed to shutter its staking service, accusing it of selling unregistered securities. The SEC said in a news release that Kraken’s exchange, one of the most popular ones for cryptocurrency investors, failed to register “the offer and sale of their crypto asset staking-as-a-service program.”
- SEC Chief Gensler Warns Crypto Firms to Comply With Rules After Kraken Shutters US Staking Program — Other platforms that offer yield-earning programs should "take note" and come into compliance, the regulator said a day after crypto exchange Kraken said it will pay a $30 million fine to settle SEC charges.
- SEC to Sue Crypto Trust Co. Paxos Over Binance Stablecoin: WSJ — Paxos also faces a probe from the New York Department of Financial Services.
- Alby — Lightning for your Browser! — Alby brings Boosts to the web.
- Coder Radio on the Podcastindex.org — Send a boost from the Podcast Index website, just top up Alby first and then head on over!