LAN 266: Linux Action News 266¶
- Air Date: 2022-11-10
- Duration: 18 mins 40 secs
About this episode¶
Microsoft's new goodies for Linux users, the Ubuntu Summit wraps up, and our takeaways from the recent fireside chat with Linus Torvalds.
- Linode: Sign up using the link on this page and receive a $100 60-day credit towards your new account.
- Kolide: User-centered, cross-platform endpoint security for teams that Slack.
- The Ubuntu Summit Just Wrapped Up — Vulture Towers Central Europe are in Prague – which, handily, is also the location for Canonical's 2022 Ubuntu Summit.
- Ubuntu Summit 2022 - Day 1! - YouTube
- Ubuntu Summit 2022 - Day 2! - YouTube
- Ubuntu Summit 2022 - Day 3! - YouTube
- Microsoft .NET 7 Released With Better Linux Support — Microsoft .NET 7 brings improved performance, enhanced .NET support on Linux throughout, native support for ARM64, developer productivity enhancements, better cross-platform mobile/desktop app support, HTTP/3 improvements for cloud native apps, 64-bit IBM Power support on Linux, and a variety of other run-time improvements.
- Microsoft Launches a Microsoft Teams PWA on Linux — The PWA enables us to ship the latest Microsoft Teams features faster to our Linux customers and helps us bridge the gaps between the Teams desktop client on Linux and Windows.
- Khronos Unveils Kamaros — An open, royalty-free standard for controlling camera system runtimes in embedded, mobile, industrial, XR, automotive, and scientific markets.
- The Khronos Group Announces “Kamaros” As Their Newest Forthcoming API
- Fwupd 1.8.7 is a Big Update — Linux firmware updating utility fwupd 1.8.7 has been released adding support for new devices, as well as various improvements.
- Fwupd 1.8.7 Adds Support for More Star Labs Linux Laptops, Intel Discrete GPU
- Pat Gelsinger and Linus Torvalds talk Linux, open source, technology and more - YouTube — Intel CEO Pat Gelsinger sat down with Linus Torvalds, the creator of Linux who is also known as “the godfather of Open-Source,” to talk about everything from the beginning of Linux to Linus’ advice for Intel and why he chose a penguin as the Linux mascot.
.net, .net 7, arm64, camera api, canonical, coder radio, community, compression, documentation, fireside chat, fwupd 1.8.7, gpu, graphics api, haptic, ibm power, intel, intel innovation 2022, kamaros, khronos, libcamera, linus torvalds, linux action news, linux news podcast, lvfs, mark shuttleworth, microsoft, open-source, opengl, pat gelsinger, prague, pwa, star labs, starfighter, teams, thunderbolt 4, ubuntu summit, uefi, vulkan, work-from-home, xz